Total Pageviews

Monday, March 11, 2013

TNA Lockdown Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Lockdown.
I liked the X-Division match for what it was (basically a spotfest). Everyone worked hard to do insane moves.

I liked the segment with Park and Bad Influence to set things up for the tag title match.

Funny pre-match between Park and Ryan, though I don't like the use of insider terms.

I wasn't crazy about Park vs. Ryan. It was a little silly for my tastes and didn't really accomplish much of anything.

That was actually a good segment with the Hogans. Perhaps because it put over Bully Ray instead of keeping the spotlight on the non-wrestlers.

Kim vs. Sky wasn't bad. I just kind of wished the whole thing wasn't just a backdrop to Terrell vs. Kim. I would have liked Kim vs. Terrell to explode once the match was over (with Kim unhappy that she lost). I hope Terrell ends up as a wrestler, otherwise this feels kind of pointless.

I cracked up at Robbie E's promo. Entertaining character and proof that I don't hate ALL comedy in wrestling.

The Robbies match was pretty much what it needed to be: a showcase for Terry's strength. It remains to be seen what Terry can bring to the table beyond quick squashes. For what it's worth, he's been working in OVW to improve.

I enjoyed the Aries/Roode segment. I hope they're long-term acts for the company.

Everyone worked really well in the tag team title match. I was impressed.

Good Aces and Eights segment.

Good intense Angle promo. No stupid comedy. Other babyfaces should take note.

Angle worked hard, but that was pretty stupid. Brisco looked like a chump for getting destroyed so easily and wanting to escape at every opportunity.  I don't think he should have looked even with someone as legendary as Angle, but he might as well have been some shmuck off the street.

I mostly liked Lethal Lockdown. It was nice to see some of the TNA Originals get a chance to shine. Eric Young getting the winning pinfall was a pleasant surprise. Maybe now his career will have some meaning (past "comedy act"/"reliable worker").

lolTNA. I enjoy super-heel Bully Ray but the turn didn't really make much sense. That's a lot of collateral damage (people on both sides getting beat up). If Russo was booking, I think the fans would crap on it. The match itself was fine, but it doesn't feel like they planned on having it be Ray the whole time. But whatever, they've done stupider things.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment