Total Pageviews

Friday, March 1, 2013

Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/28/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Ugh. Bully and Brooke. I REALLY hope he turns back heel and kicks her to the curb. I know I was initially against it, but it looks better and better the more they're together.

Pretty good opening segment, and I'm usually not crazy about Bad Influence. Even though it felt untrue, I like that Hardy put over the TNA World Title as the most important World Title in the business. They could easily have taken a shot at the "movie star" holding the other company's top title. I'm impressed with TNA here.

I liked Magnus' promo. He could be a long-term prospect for the company. He's a real "blue chipper" to use a favorite saying of JR's.

I hoped for a little more between Velvet and Tara. They could have easily saved that for Lockdown and given it some build. Gail vs. Velvet doesn't have a lot of heat or time to build it.

Nice segment with Aries, Roode, etc.. I like how they set that match up.

I think the bloom is off the rose for RVD vs. King since it's been done so much. I hoped for more for the X Title at Lockdown. If anything, they could have tied King in with Aces and Eights and have them try to take all of the titles.

Aries vs. Hernandez was very good. I'm a sucker for matches that tell a story and build heat. Sometimes I kind of look down on pushing Hernandez at 40, but I'll be damned if he isn't impressive.

I cracked up at the "ribs" joke. Well done, even though I'm sure a lot of the audience didn't get it. It's a real shame that Matt Morgan has been an afterthought lately. He would have been a good choice to be leader of (or at least a major part of) Aces and Eights and challenge Jeff Hardy for the title. Oh well, maybe at Slammiversary leading to Morgan vs. Styles at BFG?

I think King winning the X-Division Title should have been a bigger deal (possibly on PPV). It feels like they changed their minds on the direction they were going in. I'm glad he won, and both guys delivered, but I think moments like that should be saved for PPVs. Congrats to the new champ. A rematch at Lockdown is a must.

I'm intrigued after the Angle/Sting confrontation. It's kind of cool to see a WWE icon and a WCW icon together.

Wow, what? Eric Young in a main event position? I'm rather shocked. I'll give it time to play out, though.

Good promo by Ivelisse. I hope she does well.

I like that they're building suspense with Aces and Eights vs. Kurt.

So-so promo by Lei'd. I'm curious to see what she'll bring to the table.

VERY nice Knockouts match. I wasn't expecting that at all (since I had never seen either compete beyond Velez' training on Tough Enough). They played off of each other well and either would make a good addition to the roster. I think they should have Ivelisse win the contract and then Lei'd "stalk"/sneak attack her until TNA signs her, too.

Interesting segment between Hardy and Aries.

I don't think you could do anything to have me get back behind AJ Styles as a character. I've seen him for 8 years and haven't seen anything from a personality perspective that makes me see him as a main eventer. He's impressive in the ring and a guy who's been with TNA since day one, but he doesn't click with me as someone to push. I like the story they're telling, but Styles just isn't that interesting or captivating.

Kind of a weird segment with the Robbies. I don't see there being tons of interest for them facing off at Lockdown. Nor perhaps should there be given how they've been positioned.

Good segment between Bully and Aries. I hope they meet again in the ring in the future.

I hope Aces and Eights can beat down Angle given their numbers advantage. Otherwise they look ineffective.

Pretty solid main event. Everyone worked hard. Bad Influence are growing on me. I'll give them credit for tonight.

Very cool ending segment. TNA's doing some good work. I look forward to Lockdown.

More wrestling coming up, and later a podcast on Blue Echo!

No comments:

Post a Comment