Total Pageviews

Friday, March 29, 2013

Interviews with Masters/Kofi/Waltman/Bryan Clark/Nash/ex-WWE writer/Rock, part-timers scheduled for England, Mexican legends at Mania?, musician at Mania, more WWE charity, another TNA star on WWE.com, HoF inductor confirmed, a TNA sellout, and Questions on saving WCW, Vince's ADD, Murphy, Sammartino, and Molly Holly

Chris Masters was interviewed. I'd like to see him in either WWE or TNA, but those two Wellness strikes really work against him. It's a damn shame. He's 30 and should have a long career ahead of him, but WWE can't take that chance.

Kofi Kingston also talked. I can't think of any time where I've heard that he was supposed to be a heel. I've always wondered what S.O.S. stood for. And the Jamaican gimmick was crazy.

Sean Waltman talked about his recent injury, which sounds like an angle Vince McMahon would come up with. There's still time to "rip it off".

The Undertaker is advertised for the 4/23 Smackdown taping in London. Chris Jericho is advertised for the 4/22 Raw in the same town. It will be interesting to see how they're used. Jericho has a tour with Fozzy in Europe at that time, so his WWE future's kind of up in the air. These could be non-televised appearances, which would be a bit disappointing.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Dos Caras and Mil Mascaras might be ringside for Alberto Del Rio's match at WrestleMania. That would be huge! Colter could cut a promo on them. Swagger could attack Del Rio in front of them. Please, WWE!?

Bryan Clark, known as Adam Bomb, Wrath, and The Nightstalker as well as one half of Kronik, was interviewed. Here are some highlights. As for spending more time in SMW, there's no guarantee that WWF would have come calling in time. He had to take the chance he was offered.

Sean "Diddy" Combs (that's his name now?) is set to perform at WrestleMania, which might mean a match gets bumped to the pre-show. Them's the breaks.

Kevin Nash talked to Arda Ocal. He actually put over the current generation of wrestlers! Massive props on that. And I definitely think he belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame.

There are some more awesome charity things from WWE up. This is amazing!!! If I had money, WWE could shut up and take it.

WWE.com has added the former Victoria to their Alumni section. You might know her better as TNA's Tara. I think the idea is to get hits from the fact that she's on an upcoming reality show.

Former WWE Creative team member Ange Goldstein talked about working for the company. I like the Umaga/Cena story. SUPER interesting look at why things are the way they are. He has the right attitude about winning and losing. I miss the Mr. Kennedy who had lots of potential. Interesting remarks about race. I don't really see the Kofi/Shelton comparison, at least not to say that he's "just like him". I'm not shocked that Vince is high on Taker. Cena turning heel to end the streak would be HUGE. I like their thoughts on The Shield. I think there is heat to the tag team title match and Jericho/Fandango. As big as Jericho/Ziggler would be, I see what they're doing. I also get what they're saying about Hell No.

John Cena talked about his workout. He's definitely in great shape.

The Rock did a Q&A on Twitter. Meh.

Maria Menounos is official as Bob Backlund's inductor for the Hall of Fame. Mainstream cred.

Impact Wrestling sold out! How cool is that!? I'm happy for TNA.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. There's no way I'd take that job, even if I was at my current age and knowledge. Talk about going down with the ship. Honestly they might have done a better job than I would have since they knew the characters and the backstage politics. I don't know that anyone could have saved WCW by 2000. But yeah, titles should be important and title reigns shouldn't be short without good reason. I seem to remember Bischoff saying something about everything being "better" "worse" or "different" from WWF, meaning that if they couldn't do something better than WWF, they would do something different instead. I think that was smart. If people wanted to watch WWF-style stuff, Raw and Smackdown were on the other channels.

2. Vince is ADD and sees some shiny toys with Big E and Fandango and wants to use them. Kofi, Cesaro, and Dolph are old toys to him.

3. The last match I can find for him is back in November, so he has competed since leaving TNA. I haven't seen anything on him in quite a while. I definitely saw Gunner as the more talented member of the duo, but wouldn't mind Murphy getting another shot at TNA. Gut Check?

4. Because this particular ex-governor is a big mainstream name and has a big past with Bruno.

5. I can't be the only one who cracks up every time this person sends a question, since he/she only puts Holly's shoot name in parentheses but no one else's. I see her going in in the future since they are looking to induct more women.

More wrestling tomorrow and a Blue Echo podcast coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment