Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Special Query: WWE vs. TNA

@evanjpitt on Twitter asked what I would do if I was doing a WWE vs. TNA card. I'll do two versions: what I think would draw the best and what I would want to see as a fan.
Note: I'm assuming part-timers are available.

For a "big match" card that is focused on getting a lot of attention/making the most money and is pretty much just a one-time thing:  (There's no way in hell that 16 matches would make it onto one card and get the proper amount of time to tell a story, so I'd stick with 8, which I've starred.)
*The Undertaker vs. Sting (a no-brainer. A lot of old-school WWF/WCW fans want to see this.)

*The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan (Two of wrestling's biggest names. This isn't about workrate, it's about making money.)

*Triple H vs. Jeff Jarrett (stems from the comparisons that have been made between the two of them over the years, especially when Jarrett was "King Of The Mountain").

*Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle (they've put together some really solid matches. I think a lot of people would like to see them battle again.)

The Shield vs. Mr. Anderson, DOC, and Knox. (I just think it makes sense to do the faction vs. faction thing)

*John Cena vs. AJ Styles (Styles is the closest thing I think they have to a John Cena).

*C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. Austin Aries and Samoa Joe (these four would TEAR IT UP.)

*Kane and Big Show vs. Abyss and Matt Morgan (I'm kind of running out of ideas at this point)

*Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. RVD and Jeff Hardy (Another match that would probably be really solid).

Team Rhodes Scholars vs. Team 3D (old-school tag team vs. new-school tag team)

Alberto Del Rio and El Local vs. Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez (Latin team vs. Latin team).

Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode vs. James Storm and The Miz (they deserve to be on the card and this is about the best thing I can think of to do with them)

Wade Barrett vs. Magnus (two hard-hitting Brits)

Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Ryback vs. Daniels, Kazarian, and Kenny King (basically throwing them together since I've used a lot of other people).

Chris Jericho vs. Zema Ion (old-school vs. new school)

Antonio Cesaro vs. Douglas Williams (old-school wrestlers)


As for what I'd personally like to see (I'd probably keep things to about 7 matches so everything gets time to breathe. The matches that aren't starred are solely for "if there's time").
*C.M. Punk vs. Austin Aries

*Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe

*Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle

*Dolph Ziggler vs. AJ Styles

*Alberto Del Rio vs. Jeff Jarrett

Team Rhodes Scholars vs. Beer Money (not sure how they'd make that one work in kayfabe, unless Storm and Roode come to the agreement that they're the best tag team in TNA history and best suited to face Rhodes Scholars)

Antonio Cesaro vs. Douglas Williams (I think he's probably the guy closest to Cesaro's league as a technical wrestler who hasn't already been used).

*Chris Jericho vs. RVD

*Rey Mysterio vs. Jeff Hardy

More wrestling coming tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment