Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/16/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

TNA does a good job of catching viewers up at the start of the show. I look forward to seeing what they've got this week.

I really expected Lockdown to be the last show from the UK. It's usually in March. Could they be getting EC3's rematch out of the way in order to set up Galloway going for the title in the UK?

EC3's a great promo guy. I'm really invested in what he's doing. I think they should have saved his rematch and Lockdown for the final week from the UK, but maybe they have something up their sleeves.

EC3 vs. Tyrus could have been a big feud in of itself with the former Brodus Clay having a title shot in his back pocket. Maybe Matt wins at Lockdown, but EC3 wins Tyrus' shot at the gold to set up another match for later?

Tyrus is a convincing monster. I think each company needs some of those. Imagine a big hoss gunning for the gold in ROH? Moose's momentum has stalled too much for that to seem viable right now.

I liked that segment to set up the main event.

EY's getting a little on the tryhard side here.

Storm vs. EY should be pretty good!

- Storm vs. EY:
I enjoy how TNA matches often turn into brawls. That's missing at times in WWE and ROH.

That was fun to set up a big match at Lockdown. I think Falls Count Anywhere would be more enjoyable than a cage match on a night full of cage matches.

The Impact Zone had some wild brawls spill out into the crowd. It's a lot of fun sometimes.

Galloway could KO Matt tonight and cash in his briefcase. Maybe with EC3's help! That'd be smart thinking on his part.

Carter going it alone is valiant, but dumb. 

I love that the fight's still going on. If I was Eli Drake, I'd keep a close eye on this situation.

Bennett hasn't even competed for the KOTM Title yet. It's too soon to treat him like a World Title contender; he hasn't proven himself.

They're really forcing the Miracle nickname. This is getting "$9.99" bad.

- Bennett vs. Mandrews:
This isn't bad, although I don't know if it's a step up from what Bennett was doing in ROH.

I liked that alright. Hitting the Tower of London was clever.

Galloway vs. Bennett next week? Lockdown needs to be stacked.

So-so Decay segment. They're lukewarm to me so far.

Bennett vs. Galloway should be interesting. I think both men have a big year ahead of them.

ODARG IS KILLER SPELLED BACKWARDS MIKE! I miss Don West...

EC3 choosing Spud over Galloway would be asinine. Drew just beat Kurt Angle.

Why couldn't they have hyped EC3's rematch as far in advance as Angle vs. Lashley? Plus, we've got Angle vs. Roode to get through first.

- Wolves vs. Decay:
I actually like a crazy hardcore match here and there.

Funny that we're seeing tables here given the Dudleys' angle in WWE right now.

Fun crazy brawl so far.

I'm liking the wild "plunder match."

Nice spot with the barbed-wire board.

God a Conchairto is scary to see in 2016.

That spot with the tacks could have been really gruesome. Let's not get CZW here.

It was good to see The Wolves in a different environment in this match. Obviously they can do quick, technical wrestling, but sometimes variety is good.

I hope EC3 has an ace up his sleeve. He's going to need it.

- Kim/Rayne vs. Jade/Marti Bell:
Gail's got her work cut out for her with Taryn and Kong gone.

That was OK for a brief contest.

The Knockouts Lethal Lockdown should be interesting, although I wonder how polished it will be. I suspect we're getting these brawls with interference to cover for inexperience in the ring.

I was wondering when we'd see Shera again.

They didn't waste any time in getting to Odarg's first appearance on the show! 

Fun conclusion to the EY/Bram vs. Beer Money stuff. We're getting TWO Lethal Lockdowns next week!? It's going to be gimmick match city.

- Drake/Godderz vs. Shera/Odarg:
I feel like we're missing a few chapters from this. Who even hired Odarg? I think he should have gotten a week's worth of anticipation for his appearance, at least.

Odarg and Shera winning would be nuts. Drake and Godderz have futures as heels. I wouldn't mind seeing them go for the tag team titles.

That was... OK, I guess? I had fairly low expectations going in; this belonged on TNA's version of Main Event or Superstars, Xplosion.

That post-match was OK. They're really rushing things for next week's big show.

- M. Hardy/Tyrus vs. EC3:
I like the heels trying to pick EC3 apart. It puts Carter in a sympathetic position without turning his character into a pandering babyface.

Good stuff between EC3 and Spud. TNA's telling a really good story with EC3 turning a new leaf.

Good work by the mastadon Tyrus in cutting off the faces.

NICE ending. This was laid out well. It's about the story you tell, not the cool moves you can do.

I'm really excited for EC3 vs. Matt next week.

Good ending to the show. The work between EC3 and Spud has been a highlight of the last few years of TNA.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment