Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 11, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 2/10/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.
NXT:
Whoa. Check out this crowd! I think I could get behind them running here regularly if the attendance is good. NXT looks more big league.

- Corbin vs. Gargano:
It's great to see some indie names working NXT. The talent roster is really impressive.

This is a good test for both men. Corbin gets to work with another established veteran, and Gargano gets to show if he can work with someone who's not your typical flippy indie guy.

Good stuff so far. Gargano brings the great wrestling ability, and Corbin's showing he's "coming together" as a wrestler.

GOOD ENDING!!! Impressive showing overall.

Zayn vs. Joe is going to be great.

- Hype Bros vs. Skyler/Hollis:
I kind of want Skyler and Hollis to become a thing like Blue Pants did. Just make a whole story about them being jobbers.

Ryder's pretty crisp.

Mojo's OK, I guess. He's definitely got an energy the crowd gets behind, which is important.

I miss The Pounce. Mojo should bring that back.

Good enough little match. Mojo's progressing, and it's good to pair him with someone who can complement him/cover his weaknesses.

Good enough promo from Bayley. Carmella's a pretty good promo, all things considered.

- Bliss vs. Cameron:
I'm good with Cameron getting another chance, working NXT to improve.

Cameron's still rough. She's got personality, but still needs work as a wrestler.

Alexa's not bad. She's not Women's Champ level, but she's making progress from being just a manager.

That was decent. Both women need more experience. I'd like to see them work with more tenured, accomplished names (potentially guests like Deonna and Santana Garrett) to up their games.

Fun little segment with Enzo, Cass, Jordan, and Gable. They worked together pretty well.

- Samson vs. Sorensen:
It's weird seeing Jessy here after TNA wouldn't clear him.

Samson has good size, presence, and aggression. He's methodical at picking someone apart.

I really want to see Samson as Sandow's evil twin/brother. It's not like Damien's doing anything.

This was OK. I'm not sold on Samson, but I'm not a detractor like so many seem to be.

Not a bad promo from Crews. He seems like he's in a holding pattern. I hope he's still going places in 2016 (especially once people like Zayn "graduate").

- Bayley vs. Carmella:
Good feeling-out process early.

Bayley's doing some good work here. Carmella's a few steps lower than she is, so this match isn't what it should be.

Good dive spots. Carmella's putting in effort.

Does Carmella get so frustrated she turns heel to try to win the title?

That was some good wrestling at the end. Carmella's not where Bayley is, but she gave it a shot.

I can't say I expected Eva and Nia to stay away from the title picture.

Asuka vs. Nia should be interesting considering where both are on their roads to be superstars.

Asuka vs. Bayley should be great. I'm glad they didn't turn Asuka heel right that second. We should get Asuka vs. Nia first.

Joe means business.

Main Event:
- Slater vs. Ryder:
This is OK so far for a fun little undercard match.

I think Slater is a pretty solid performer. He knows what to do in there to tell a story.

Maybe Ryder needs Mojo Rawley with him to even the odds? I think I could get behind a Hype Bros/Outcasts feud on Superstars/Main Event.

That was pretty good overall.

- Natalya vs. Alicia:
I think these two generally work together pretty well.

Enjoyable match!

Ehhhhhh.... Alicia being crazy is kind of forced now. She doesn't have much of a character, but thta might be better than a character I don't care for.

- D. Young/Henry vs. Sandow/Fandango:
So, if you were wondering what happens when Titus is suspended, Darren gets teamed with Mark Henry.

I REALLY wish we got a "Sandango" segment backstage. That could have been AMAZING.

Nice wrestling to starting off.

The Young Irish whip spot was really funny. Nice touch.

You know, I'm going to miss the World's Strongest Man.

NNOOO!! I want Sandango to be a team. Don't fight!

Pretty good match overall.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment