Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

TNA Lockdown Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special episode of Impact Wrestling.
- Beer Money vs. EY/Bram:
Oh, this is going to be a lot of fun. I'm glad there's action outside the ring to separate this from the other cage matches on the show.

NICE idea to trap Roode in the cage for a handicap match. Some "wrestlers" would just wait for their opponents to enter and go through their pre-planned spots without it ever looking like a fight.

Storm's pretty upset at being locked out for the beginning of this one.

Beer Money's really good here as always.

Really good match. The Wolves have their work cut out for them against Roode and Storm. Glad they're back together.

I like how Hardy comes to the arena with a crew, while EC3 is all on his own. Tonight should be big.

Madison confirmed as the Jannetty of the BP. If she's not going to make the save later, she looks like the runt of the litter.

I like EC3 cutting a live promo before the main event. A show of match after match can use a break.

Nice reconciliation between EC3 and Spud. Spud's a fighter.

I love heel Matt Hardy sometimes. I'm excited for the main event.

The Decay's already running into problems. I assume Abyss saves his new buddy from Rosemary's ex.

- Tigre vs. Trevor:
I like Trevor Lee just shutting down Uno's high-flying instead of things turning into flippy guy vs. flippy guy.

I'm liking Trevor. He's kind of a throwback to older brawlers.

Tigre's got heart. I'll give him that.

Tigre could probably have escaped there if he wanted to. It was an impressive spot, but the competitors should be trying to win.

Fine ending. Hopefully Trevor continues to wreck X-Division guys.

I'm fine with Maria vs. Gail from a storyline perspective. It's something different from the never-ending reign of the Dollhouse.

Weird Decay segment. I'm not really sure if we're supposed to be pulling for the newcomer or not.

- Dollhouse vs. Gail/Velvet:
Starting with Gail vs. Jade was smart. They're the best workers on their teams.

Nice start to things. Jade's impressing me here.

Whoa! Rebel's been working hard. Props to her for improving as a wrestler.

Hahahaha. Good move from Maria.

Fun plunder match going on here.

Pretty good overall. I hope Jade and Maria both get singles matches with Gail after this.

Nice segment between Angle and EC3. Kind of a passing of the torch.

I'm glad we didn't get a long Angle promo. Tonight's not about him.

Lashley vs. Angle should be REALLY good.

Poor Eli Drake being stuck in this goofy angle.

- Drake vs. Odarg:
Blehhhhhhhh..... not crazy about this one.

Eli's not bad. He's just kind of stuck in the undercard.

That probably went a little long. Poor Eli. This angle's a dog, but they've got to pander the UK fans in the UK (one of their biggest markets).

I'm sure the Decay beatdown is being spun as the other wrestler "having heat" for something or another. We'll see if it pays off by the end of the tour.

Even more Grado tonight? Uggggghhhhh....

Blah blah blah Miracle blah blah blah. You can take the generic jabroni out of ROH, but it's an uphill battle getting the ROH out of the generic jabroni. He's been pretty much a bust so far. OK in the ring, but nothing all that special.

- M. Hardy vs. EC3:
I'm glad this is a big fight. It should be pretty personal.

Good comeback by EC3.

Tyrus standing in EC3's way is great. The fix is in.

Nice for EC3 to challenge Tyrus to get in the ring. He might get his ass kicked, but he's a brave warrior.

Good stuff with EC3 destroying Tyrus with a chair.

CRAZY legsweep spot. Damn.

God, that Twist of Fate with the chair was sick. Downright evil, even.

I think they could have ended it with that crazy Twist of Fate, but I'm not complaining this is going longer.

Ugggghhhhh... another swerve/heel turn. There's continuity with the big heat Spud and EC3 used to have, but I don't know if I'm a fan of this one considering how many dumb swerves TNA has had in the past. I'm willing to see how it plays out, though, and it gives an out for EC3 to job again.

DAMN. Spud's an evil, evil man here.

EC3 has gotten some real ass-kickings lately.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment