Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 27, 2016

ROH 14th Anniversary Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH PPV.
 This is a big show for ROH. Fourteen years is a real impressive milestone for them to hit.

- Ishii vs. Strong vs. Fish:
I like Strong going right into things. He should be PISSED at losing the title in Japan AND having to deal with Fish again.

Everyone's working hard here. We've got a big battle already.

Ishii no-sold the hell out of Strong and ROH in a post-match interview in Japan, so he could be in for a long run as champion. He's been built as a big threat.

Everyone's just beating the hell out of each other with big moves. We're definitely at an ROH show.

That was pretty good for the "everyone looks strong and hits big moves" style. I like Ishii's power and strength.

- Whitmer vs. Page:
These two are just starting to feud and they're already trying to kill each other. Ridiculous. Page's turn more or less came out of nowhere, too.

I love Whitmer. Such an evil heel. I wish we got to see him in the ring more.

That was pretty good, I think. I'm glad it didn't turn into a full-on hardcore match at the end.

Fine post-match. I assume this feud continues.

- Goto vs. Castle:
Dalton's a breath of fresh air for ROH.

I like the conflict between these two styles. Dalton's really valuable on this card.

Castle's a pretty good competitor. That can be lost in his character.

That was pretty good, I think. For whatever it's worth, ROH talents have jobbed to NJPW guys twice in the first three matches.

Brian Kendrick wrestling in ROH would be interesting. I kind of wish he'd show up in NXT again.

- Daniels vs. Shelley:
I like Shelley working against both members of the Addiction.

Daniels at almost 46 is better than some wrestlers who are only 37 or 38. Very impressive work.

I like the story of Shelley having the odds against him. I normally couldn't care less about him, but he's got sympy due to his circumstances.

Nice ending.

Can ROH even call them the Motor City Machine Guns? That might be a TNA thing.

It makes sense to put MCMG together again. I don't look forward to even more tag team spotfests, but the ROH faithful will eat that up.

- Briscoes vs. Elgin/Tanahashi:
I really hope Elgin ends up in WWE in a few years. I don't know why they're not jumping on someone with his impressive power. NJPW might have offered him more than they were willing to spend...

Good teamwork by both sides.

Elgin is a BEAST. I hope he remains a hoss in ROH.

I think the Briscoes have solid tag team skills. They've clearly got a lot of experience.

I'm enjoying this. 

NJPW 3, ROH 0. It was another good match, though.

- Okada vs. Moose:
I'm almost positive Moose is going to make it 0-4 for ROH.

Moose is pretty impressive. I like his power.

INSANE dive by Okada. I can see why he's a big deal in NJPW.

DAMN. Moose is making a big statement here.

I'm enjoying the counter-wrestling.

Moose put up a fight, but no one's beating one of the top names in NJPW.

- Bullet Club Elite vs. ACH/Sydal/KUSHIDA:
Maybe some ROH names will win if they have an NJPW name on their team?

Ehhhh... more of the same from the "100 moves a minute" style. I hope we get a big hardcore brawl to break from this. They should have saved Whitmer vs. Page for later to break things up.

BCE do some really impressive moves. 

Ugggghhhh... way too many MOVEZ.

Yeah, time to wrap this one up. Lethal, O'Reilly, and Cole trying to top this with MORE MOVEZ sounds awful.

God they finally wrapped it up. Another ROH guy jobbing. At least Omega's going to be working in ROH going forward.

- War Machine vs. ANX:
I REALLY hope this is a big brawl instead of War Machine trying to match ANX's flippy shit.

Nice dominance/power by War Machine early. Good to see.

We're already at overkill in this match. I hate the "do a bunch of the same move over and over" spot.

More no-sells. Yaaaaaaay.

That was a cool power spot by Rowe on Kenny on the ladder.

Phew. Glad that one's over. At some point, this style gets really old. I'm ready for a more slow-paced match after that. I know it won't happen, though.

- Lethal vs. Cole vs. O'Reilly:
Cole and O'Reilly were in a pretty intense feud, and now they're doing cool double-team moves? Why even pretend the feuds are real at this point?

More ridiculous multi-man spots.

Cole deserves the win here. He's absolutely the best performer in the ring.

Nice spot with Cole ending up in the cross armbreaker.

Lethal's trying, but he's just not top guy material. 

I would mark like no one's business if Dijak came out and beat up Truth.

COME ON COLE YOU'RE THIS CLOSE!!

O'Reilly's pretty talented, too. He works really hard.

Silly double submission spot. Indie wrestlers (using that adjective as a style of wrestling more than where they wrestle) try too hard to do innovative offense.

O'Reilly's trying really hard here. I'm liking his fire.

Uggggghhhhhhhhhh..... The bland heel retains to continue his dull reign. He can wrestle really well, but he's mediocre on the mic as a heel. I don't see why he's considered a top worker other than he can wrestle a long time and do a lot of MOVEZ.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment