Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 18, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 2/17/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
- Enzo/Cass/American Alpha vs. Blake/Murphy/Dash/Dawson:
I like this starting out with a feeling-out process as they react to the crowd.

Gable's wrestling skill is incredible.

I love how all eight men just started brawling. Like one referee's going to stop them?

Nice heel teamwork by the tag champs. They're methodical at picking people apart.

Fun teamwork from the face wrestlers.

Good false ending, and good real ending.

Not a great promo from Deonna. I'm ready to see more of Dana in the ring, personally.

- Deonna vs. Asuka:
Deonna's made appearances in NXT, TNA, and ROH. It could only be a matter of time before she's an official Knockout, Diva, or Woman of Honor.

Asuka's got a lot of personality.

Asuka's clearly got talent. She just seems a little off and tentative, likely due to transitioning to the WWE style.

Asuka shows signs of being really good and accomplished. It's timing that might be the issue.

That was OK. I think Asuka needs an official finisher, perhaps in addition to the Asuka Lock. I'd like to see something that signals "this could be it," like Owens sets for the pop-up powerbomb and so on.

That wasn't a bad promo from Eva and Nia. I think they're improving as a duo.

I want to see Bayley vs. Nia one-on-one again, but a tag match might work out, too.

- Tye vs. Riley:
Riley's going to mess this guy up.

They're really forcing the Perfect 10 gimmick. He doesn't have to reference it this much.

I like Riley's aggression.

That was OK. I wish Riley was built up more credibly given his size and attitude. He could be an important heel, to some degree like Rhyno was.

I was hoping Riley would take Tye out.

That was pretty good from Balor. He was a little understated, though.

Corbin needs to wreck someone soon to keep his credibility following the contendership match loss. How about Tye Dillinger? Not a great promo, but better than his previous one in Regal's office.

American Alpha vs. Blake and Murphy should be pretty good.

- Zayn vs. Joe:
Good wrestling to start us off.

I like Joe's strategy: he doesn't have to out-fly Zayn. Just shut him down and make him tap out.

Zayn's working off that ring rust.

Joe's always a lot of fun to watch. He's an effective force of destruction.

Both men are at the top of their games; it's good to have Joe work with people like Zayn and Balor to get them more seasoned ahead of a main roster run.

This is just becoming a war. I like it.

Great match, with a beautiful conclusion. Yes, it was another contested ending, but the actual work in the match was incredible.

Triple threat match when?

Main Event:
- Ryder/Neville vs. Stardust/Breeze:
Good work by Ryder so far.

Funny sunset flip spot. I like the pairing of Breeze and Stardust. I wouldn't mind that being a more regular thing.

I like Breeze, but I think he's Main Event/Superstars material right now.

Good match so far. We've got some veterans here.

Nice ending. There were some fun pairings.

Summer you hadn't had a match on TV in months...

- Summer vs. Paige:
I like seeing Summer wrestle. I wish we got to see it more.

That was pretty good overall for the time it got.

Fun, silly promo from the Outcasts.

Good interaction between New Day and the Outcasts.

- Axel/Slater/Rose vs. New Day:
I'm enjoying seeing these two sides work together.

New Day are pretty solid in the ring.

Pretty good match overall so far. I love a good undercard match.

Nice ending.

More wrestling coming up.



No comments:

Post a Comment