Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Raw Reax - 2/8/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
Bryan retiring hardly feels real. All the fans hoping and praying he'd be able to come back... but it's not happening. Concussions are a hell of a thing (ask Chris Nowinski).

I wish we would have gotten another Bryan/HHH match. And Bryan/Rollins. And Bryan/Owens... you get the idea.

What's to stop The Authority from stacking the odds against the Fastlane winner at WM32? They've never really addressed that.

I liked the quick signings by everyone. They're ready to fight (or "perform a sports entertainment contest").

Damn. Brock's not playing around. Not that I'd expect him to.

You'd think HHH wouldn't want any of Brock after their previous wars.

We've really come a long way from Cole going after Bryan on commentary on NXT, huh?

- KO vs. Ziggler:
Sometimes a match is so good I just want to sit back and enjoy it. These guys are true pros. Owens is a great heel, and Ziggler is an amazing athlete.

Nice countout spot.

Not a bad ending. What do these two do at Fastlane?

I'm excited about New Day vs. Usos. Jericho on MizTV, not so much. That could be insufferable if there's no indication of turning Y2J heel.

That was kind of a random addition of the Dudleys. I hope someone teams with the New Day to even it up. Also, what the heck is going to happen regarding the tag team titles at Fastlane?

Meh... Ryback.

- Charlotte vs. Alicia:
I'm liking the match so far. Both women are good wrestlers.

It's disrespectful, at the least, to "get yourself over" with unrelated chants while people are wrestling. I wish there was something more to be done with muting the crowd at such times. Stopping the match or something would just encourage the behavior, I'm afraid.

Nice match overall.

I'm interested to see who teams with New Day tonight.

Chris Jericho is actually becoming a lot like Miz these days. Jericho can wrestle like no one's business, and has a stellar resume, but now he's a catchphrase machine with lackluster promos.

What if this segment put over AJ Styles instead of featuring two feuding talk show hosts?

Oh, God, this is terrible. AJ be the centerpiece instead of Ellen DeGeneres vs. The View.

That was mediocre at best. Poor AJ.

I honestly didn't become much of a Bryan fan until after his MITB cash-in. He finally showed an engaging personality during the storyline with AJ Lee.

- Bray vs. Ryback:
That was fine for what it needed to be. These two just don't have great matches with each other.

Really? No Big Show or anyone helping Ryback even things up? I definitely didn't want to see him; they had just been kind of teasing that direction.

God Team Hell No was so fun. I miss that act.

Good like by Kofi to reference the Super Bowl. It didn't feel forced.

Dean vs. Lesnar will be fun.

I love the Social Outcasts. Heath and Bo are always fun on the mic.

- Titus vs. Rose:
This is good enough so far.

That was OK overall. I'm waiting for a group of random undercard faces to form.

Ambrose saying the F5 didn't hurt is bad. He should dare Brock to bring an F6 or something instead of burying Brock's finisher.

Watching Brock destroy someone is always fun.

That was OK, I guess.

 - L. Dragons vs. Del Rio/Rusev:
Sin Cara's back!

Solid wrestling all around here.

Nice counter to the Salida del Sol.

Kalisto's U.S. Title reign is kind of uninspiring so far.

Enjoyable Golden Truth segment, as silly as it was.

I REALLY hope Becky/Sasha vs. Naomina sets up a triple threat with the NXT callups at WM32. Charlotte needs to dust Brie off at Fastlane.

- Tamina vs. Becky:
I like that Sasha isn't suddenly BFFs with Becky despite their common enemies.

That wasn't bad overall. A lot of shenanigans to set up the tag match at the PPV (WWE Network special event).

OMG. I never realized I wanted Mark Henry as an honorary New Day member until tonight.

- New Day/Henry vs. Dudleys/Usos:
I expect Mark to turn on New Day here...

I liked the spot with the Dudleys helping the Usos do their dives. It's good to see them helping out the current names.

So much for the World's Stronger Unicorn.

This is unfair! The New Day are getting unfair treatment here!

Nice match overall.

Wait, really? Dick move by the Dudleys.

I'm definitely pro-Usos here, after having seen the Dudleys for so long in WWE AND TNA.

Lots of coverage for Bryan retiring. It's really sad to see it end like this.

Even when retiring, Bryan is thinking about how he can help others. A true class act.

Bryan's not the only one getting choked up here. This is heart-wrenching.

Man, it hurts seeing Bryan go. I really wish him well with whatever he does next.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment