Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 25, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 2/24/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.
NXT:
- American Alpha vs. Blake/Murphy:
Gable showing off his amateur skills here.

Blake and Murphy are pretty good antagonists/bumpers. I think that's what they're best at.

I'm liking what we're seeing from both teams here. 

I think JJ and Gable are pretty close to being ready for the next stage. They're fluid as a duo in the ring, and they play off each other well on promos, too. Honestly, if there was "room" for more tag teams on the main roster, and they had Zeb Colter as their manager to play off the Real American theme, I'd be willing to call them up in May or June (once the WM32 tag title feuding is done). The only team I think would be higher on the priority list to call up, in my mind, would be Enzo and Cass.

Jordan is a house of fire, and B&M sell really well. It's a good combination.

Joe vs. Zayn in two out of three falls will be incredible. 

It's kind of crazy it's taken this long to get to that big debut. I'm not upset, though. Aries shouldn't be the sole focal point of NXT, especially since we don't have a No. 1 Contender for the NXT Title right now.

OK Drifter promo. He's at least something different.

- Crews vs. Girard:
It's interesting to see some people wrestling under their real names in NXT. I don't know if this will be a trend, or if they're just waiting for guys like Swann and Girard to get further along before officially renaming them for NXT. They don't want to waste a ring name on someone who's not going to be a regular part of things.

Girard's fired up. He looks plenty ready to make his mark in NXT.

Oh, I'm liking Girard. He's making the most of his 200 lbs., and he's here to fight.

Crews is showing some good fire here, too.

Impressive power by Crews. Pretty good match overall.

OK promo from Bayley and Carmella. I think they play off each other pretty well. 

Attacking someone in a parking lot is S-A-W-F-T.

- Ciampa vs. Dempsey:
I'm going to miss Bull. He was doing pretty well for himself, and he had a good following.

Ciampa's all business. That opening was HILARIOUS.

I like Ciampa's strategy in trying to beat the bigger opponent.

That was good for what it was. It's a shame we won't see Dempsey anymore. I'd give him a look if I was working for TNA.

I like Joe taking credit for NXT being a big deal, and looking forward to punishing Zayn again.

Zayn's focused on his future. He can be a bit understated with his promos, but definitely a top guy for NXT.

- Baymella vs. Eva/Nia:
Eva and Nia make a pretty effective duo. They're working as a team pretty well, and I prefer this to Eva being on her own.

Eva's definitely effective at getting heat. Sometimes that's more important than being a strong ring-worker. 

Nia's believable as a female mastodon. The size difference with other NXT Divas is striking.

Nia's having a pretty good performance here. She's getting a good knack for ring psychology and presence.

That was mostly good to hopefully build to another bout between Bayley and Nia.

Balor vs. Neville should be quite good.

Main Event:
I'm really liking the Social Outcasts. Slater needed a new role after 3MB and Slater Gator ended.

Social Outcasts biker jackets could be cool.

- Dallas vs. D. Young:
Good stuff so far. 

The Outcasts are really entertaining here. I'd like to see a face faction develop to feud with them. Sandow, Fandango, Swagger, and Ryder maybe?

That was pretty good for what it was. Young really had the odds against him, so I didn't expect him to win.

- Paige vs. Naomi:
So, how many days until Paige turns heel? She could probably get two whole turns in before WM32.

Smart move by Naomi to control the pace.

This is going pretty well, all things considered.

Paige can be pretty entertaining.

Good heel work with Naomi and Tamina working together.

Naomi's better than she gets credit for. She's improved lately.

Tamina and Naomi work pretty well together. I still kind of want Naomi to dump her for Nia Jax at some point. Not yet, but they could make it work later.

Paige is learning what happens when you alienate everyone else on the roster: no one has your back in situations like this.

Fine match.

- Breeze vs. Ryback:
This could be a fun little feud given the differences these two have, both as characters and wrestlers.

Ryback has stepped up his game lately. I'm impressed. 

Breeze is a pretty solid performer, but not someone worth a big push. I do love his character, though.

Pretty good ending. Nice work by both men.

- Strowman vs. Fandango:
Strowman is an effective monster. 

I like Fandango's mobility. He's a good hand to have.

OK squash match. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment