Total Pageviews

Friday, February 19, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 2/18/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.

ROH:
- Rush vs. Kincaid:
We're already in 500 moves a minute mode. It's a mess so far.

Kincaid can do some really insane moves, and he's definitely showing off those strengths here. I can appreciate him making the most of his opportunity.

Rush winning was underwhelming. He looked OK, but definitely nothing as special as Jason was. I hope ROH gives Kincaid another look. If they don't, TNA or someone else should.

I feel like Prince Nana has dirt on someone in ROH management. I don't know why else they'd keep using him. He's not really advancing anything meaningful. 

- Silas/Bruiser vs. Ferrara/Coleman:
Silas is a lot of fun.

Ferrara's starting to impress me.

Silas and Bruiser make a good team. I'm glad ROH has them.

Silas is getting too aerial for my tastes here. ROH already has plenty of flippy guys; he should stick to being an old-school heel.

Coleman's got some impressive fire here.

I liked the suicide dive spot. It's nice to see it almost backfire for once.

I continue to enjoy Silas vs. Dalton. I just wonder how much more they can get out of it.

Whitmer and Silas have got to be the two best characters ROH has. Then again, a lot of the people here don't really have characters.

Whitmer's just an evil man. I like it.

I hate the "no one cares what you have to say" line. It's like saying viewers should have changed the channel.

Page vs. Whitmer kind of came out of nowhere. I'm not too crazy about it.

- M. Briscoe vs. Hughes:
I wish there was more meaning to these matches, building to the PPVs. Have Elgin on commentary at least.

Not bad I guess. I'm not a big Briscoes fan.

- Sydal/ACH vs. Bucks:
Four of the flippiest guys who have ever flipped!

The Bucks definitely do really impressive things and team together well. I'm starting to "get" their style of wrestling: just throw everything out there to give people their money's worth. I can respect that.

This is just crazy. I feel like I'm watching Cirque du Soleil instead of a wrestling match.

OK, superkicking the basketball was REALLY funny.

The Bucks can be really entertaining at times. They're often obnoxious, but sometimes they do crack me up.

This reminds me of one of those Moon Bounce things where everyone just jumps around.

The Bucks are really impressive; I'll give them that.

Four flips out of five. Good show of that style. 

Smackdown:
Starting a show with Kevin Owens is always good for me.

- Ziggler/Dragons vs. Del Rio/Sheamus/Rusev:
The Lucha Dragons have some pretty exciting tag team antics. I like that WWE has some workers like them, but also some other styles in the tag team division.

Really good match so far.

I enjoy the members of LoN as a group and individually. They're pretty accomplished in the WWE style.

Nice match overall.

Owens vs. Ziggler doesn't have much heat to it, but it should be a good match.

- Tamina vs. Sasha:
I like the heeling by Naomina here.

Sasha's a really good performer. I know that's stating the obvious, but... damn. I'm glad the current crop of Divas is generally coming up pretty ready for things. I definitely remember when that wasn't the case.

I like the story of Sasha being too proud to ask for help. She is the boss, after all.

Part of me wants the Divas tag match winners to automatically get into the title picture for WM32. Or at least there should be a hint that someone backstage in power is really keeping an eye on what's going on with the Divas matches with an eye on the title match at WM32.

The Ayatollah of Nostalgia Pops-ollah!

I wasn't too crazy about the Jericho/Miz segment. It makes sense to do a triple threat at Fastlane, but the stuff between Y2J and Miz has been pretty lame. If we do get Ambrose vs. Jericho at WM32, Dean should go hard on Chris like Punk did.

- Miz vs. Y2J:
This is a pretty good match. Jericho's one of the best there is, and Miz is a solid worker in his own right.

That was mostly a good match. It definitely didn't make Miz look like a contender for a potential triple threat, but it showed Jericho is a credible opponent for Styles (and for Ambrose or whomever he faces at WM32).

So, was AJ just hanging out backstage that whole time while Jericho and Miz had their catfight?

If AJ doesn't punk Jericho out here, he'll look like a wuss instead of a potential future champion.

That was OK. I was hoping Styles would try to make him tap out.

I look forward to Reigns/Ambrose vs. the Dudleys. That could be a war.

I wish there was at least the insinuation of the Dudleys helping out their old ECW buddy.

I like the idea of New Day being the 2016 answer to Edge and Christian. There are certainly parallels. I love E&C, but New Day should absolutely be getting heat on the two retired guys.

- Charlotte vs. Natalya:
Natalya's still quite the valuable performer.

Solid work so far.

That was pretty good!

Nice heeling from the champ.

That was an OK post-match. I REALLY hope they're not thinking of giving Brie a final run with the title. I can live with her being in a title match at WM32, but it's time to move on to talents like Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky.

Dusta Rhymes vs. Bo Rida when?

Can we please get a Golden Truth/Outcasts feud? That could be pretty fun.

- Reigns/Ambrose vs. Dudleys:
The Dudleys make pretty good heels. Not top singles star heels for WWE in 2016 like some think, but they're good at what they do.

This is a good match so far. Bubba and D-Von are solid veterans, and a great addition to the WWE roster.

Great work here. I'm glad to see the Dudleys kick it up a notch.

OH SHIT HERE COMES THE PAIN!!

It's fun to have things turn into insane brawls like this here and there.

Brock just shows up and starts wrecking people. I like that.

Fastlane's going to be a lot of fun.

I'd think HHH wouldn't want anything to do with Brock given their previous wars.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment