Total Pageviews

Friday, August 18, 2017

Destination X Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's special episode of Impact Wrestling.

- Lashley/Jarrett:
As the previous GFW Champion, Lashley has a good claim on being in a title match on this show.

- Prichard/McKenzie:
GFW does teases well. I'd pop if she saw Brother Love.

- Sienna vs. Gail:
Gail's good. I'm glad she's staying on as a producer.

Wow. Gail's really fired up. I don't blame her!

Like, Kim's making sure she makes the most of her last few months.

I like Sienna, but she's being completely outworked here.

Man, that would have been it.

WWWHHHHHAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT?????? I THOUGHT SHE RETIRED!!!!

The champion was an afterthought there, but I'm mostly shocked Taryn's back. Wow. I'm guessing they talked her into getting the honor of Gail's last big feud. That's perfect.

- Sydal promo:
I'm curious how far they'll be able to push Sydal.

- Prichard/Cornette/LAX:
This is a really awkward situation. GFW's issues with Alberto and the Hardys have really hurt their momentum.

Did they really need to use Alberto's real name there? Seems unnecessary.

Wait, is Alberto done? Future endeavors usually means someone's fired.

Interesting. They're just going to give the title to a former champion? Is Ken Shamrock available??

WHOA HOLY SHIT!!!! Can't say I expected him to come back after all the complaints about the company. And why the hell is GFW hiring someone that crazy anyway?? He's already been fire by three different wrestling companies!!

Not sure how many people there get the Dairy Queen reference. That's a classic.

Anthem must not know who Cornette is. They need to pull up YouTube FAST.

Imagine trusting Jim Cornette to be an authority figure in 2017!! GFW will need a 25th Amendment.

I'm split on this. Cornette can be entertaining, but how long until he does something to get negative publicity? Wait... wasn't he banned from appearing in GFW after threatening Russo? WHO MADE THIS DECISION!!???

So, wait. They're still pushing Alberto as the face in all this??

Oh, God. Talent doesn't want to have to answer to Cornette after slapping Santino and threatening to shoot Brock Lesnar.

Cornette does have history with LAX.

Right. Low Ki earned his title match! They could just give him the belt.

The gauntlet should be pretty fun.

Cornette should pull out a tennis racket and start swinging. He's unhinged enough to do it!

That was pretty fun.

- Dezmond vs. Taiji:
I like Ishimori to a good degree.

Good action from Taiji here.

LOTS of jumping around here.

This is solid for a bunch of high-impact moves.

This is pretty wild!!

I can barely keep track of all the spots!!

WHOA. I expected the 450 to end it.

Fun enough.

- Post-match:
I'm OK with the sportsmanship and the like.

That trophy's as big as he is!

Fun enough.

- Prichard/Karen:
Why are they getting rid of Bruce again? He barely returned to the company.

- Grado/Park:
I love Joseph Park's comments.

- Sonjay vs. Trevor:
I'm glad Sonjay's pissed at his title being stolen.

I'm liking this one.

Glad to see Sonjay as champion.

That punt was SICK.

Good match so far.

OUCH.

This is pretty crazy.

I think I missed the reason Konley's involved in all this.

WWWHHHHAAAATTTTTTTT I though Petey retired!!!!!!

This has been a wild show!

They might as well make this a four-way.

Trevor just throwing the ladder like a savage. I love it.

That was pretty fun.

- Lashley interview:
I'm going to miss him if he moves to MMA full-time.

- oVe vs. Cade/Wentz:
Wow. Jake just got KO'd right out of the gate.

Ha. Ohio's losing to Everyone right now.

Cool double-teams.

Wow holy shit Codebreakers everywhere!!

And a lot of boots from oVe.

That was OK, I guess? It showcased the opponents as much as the debuting team,

- Cornette/Moose/EC3/Drake/Adonis:
So which talent does Cornette slap first?

I'm glad the gauntlet is so important to everyone.

Be careful what you wish for, Drake!

- ATT video:
I really wonder where this is leading, and how it benefits GFW to put the MMA guys over so much.

- Lashley vs. Sydal:
I love speed vs. power.

Exciting right out of the gate.

These two work well together.

HAHAHAHAHAAH Lashley and his MMA bros. I love it.

Those were some BIG Irish whips.

Lashley's manhandling the former Evan Bourne.

Lashley's power is unreal. He's great.

Sydal's good in this kind of environment.

I like Matt's strikes.

NICE spinebuster spot.

You can't use a chair in MMA, right?

Ha. Clever use of the chair.

That wasn't bad. I'd like to see a longer match, though, for Sydal to beat Lashley.

- Post-match:
You can't just choke out the refs! Cornette will be upset. Well, more upset than he usually is.

- J. Impact video:
Whoa, hey! Presumably they worked something out with LU? This will be interesting given his AAA status.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment