Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 24, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 8/23/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Jose/Lars:
I'm glad Jose hasn't been totally forgotten about. He's got something worth developing (despite not having worked somewhere else for years and made his name elsewhere).

You know I was really hoping Lars would be into the dancing thing.

Sullivan can be a convincing badass.

Wow. Not a good night for NWJ.

- Gargano interview:
I like Johnny taking responsibility for losing.

- Asuka interview:
Interesting. They kind of teased her days in NXT are numbered. I'd be completely OK with her just vacating the title so she can move to Raw or Smackdown. That'd be a great way to end her title reign without her losing. There's a perfect opportunity to give it to the winner of the MYC, who would have won five straight matches in a tournament featuring some of the best female athletes in the world (and some WWEPC trainees).

- Wolfgang/Dunne:
Yeah, the UK brand could use some help right now. They're in a tight spot with it.

Wow, Wolfgang. Don't you have a tag match to focus on first?

- Peyton vs. Logan:
Nice start, although I'm surprised Peyton has the advantage here.

Peyton's growing on me.

I like Royce's mean streak.

Glad Logan's getting offense in. With her size, she's got potential.

Nice work here.

I'm liking the pinfall attempts.

Solid match!

- Roode/Strong:
Bobby not sticking around if he can't be champion! How Low Ki of him.

Strong's salty.

Ha! I like Roode wanting to take the title with him. Maybe we'll get a few more months of Bobby in NXT after all.

- Black interview:
Aleister doesn't even need to say anything. He's got loads of potential.

- Bate/Seven vs. Dunne/Wolfgang:
Part of me wants WWE to cycle 205 Live with the UK show. Like one week is one show and one is the other. Or have the show be half 205 Live and half UK?

I like the continuity between Bate and Dunne.

I love the holds here.

This is solid already.

Good teamwork from the faces, although what does it say that a swanton was so ineffective?

The heels are working together well, too.

I like Dunne's brutality.

This is a pretty good combination of workers.

This is really solid! I'm liking all the suplexes.

Wow, this is pretty fun. Glad to see a different style on display.

This is heating up pretty well.

That was all solid! I hope we see more UK action soon.

-- ROH:
- C2C vs. Friends:
This is going well early.

Solid teamwork going on here.

I liked the Friends' double team.

Lots of flash here.

Nice double cutter.

Phew. I hope you like flying around!!

Dive taking out your teammate? Check. Just hit some superkicks and wrap it up.

That was fun enough as an exhibition of flying.

- Lethal/Silas/Bruiser:
Ha. I like Silas upstaging Lethal at every opportunity.

Nice situation of the face having to fend off two guys.

I'm curious where this will lead.

- Taven vs. J. Briscoe:
I imagine the New Kingdom would rather be working with Cole and company in NXT.

Jay beating three guys here would pretty much write off the Kingdom as a threat.

Solid so far.

Taven's just Indie Guy No. 485. It's got to be tough to stand out when so many other people have done/currently do what you're best at.

I like veteran gatekeeper Jay.

OH MY GOD that was a scary suicide dive spot.

Wow. It didn't really affect him much, though.

Ha. Jay might not even need Mark to beat these guys.

That was fun enough.

- Post-match:
Looks like TK's clear to work some more.

Ouch. I guess we're headed for Bully & The Briscoes vs. The Kingdom. Works for me.

- Cody promo:
Ha. I love Cody "going into business for himself" and soliciting challengers outside of ROH. I'd be open to him facing someone not under contract for the title on ROH TV.

- Castle/Boys vs. Cabana/T. Boyz:
Awkward since neither team is the champs right now.

This should be fun, though.

I like each match tonight being different.

This is fun in a silly way. I like it.

OH MY GOD a chicken fight is really happening.

I like some silliness here and there.

I'm loving the Twin Magic.

Good to see Dalton go on a tear.

I like Dalton's boys being used as weapons here.

This is definitely something different!!

Pretty good ending.

- Post-match:
Are we in for a Festival of Friendship after all this?

That was a good bookend for the angle. I'm ready to see where things go now.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment