Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Mae Young Classic Episode One Reax

Read on for my thoughts on the first episode of the Mae Young Classic.
- Opening video:
I love how important this is being positioned in the history of women's wrestling. This could be a further big step in reshaping WWE.

- Sugehit video:
That was pretty cool. I'll try not to hit readers too heavy with the "this is a really cool moment for women who otherwise don't get as many chances in the industry" theme, but this is definitely a big step away from the days of bra and panties matches.


- KLR video:
I like her already. There's a definite contrast between these two competitors, which almost always makes for an interesting match.


- Sugehit vs. KLR:
And just like that we already know whom the heel is.

Nice work early.

Wow. Already with the big moves. These two aren't going to get many opportunities to show they deserve to become WWE regulars, so it's understandable.

Sugehit is really impressive.

KLR isn't bad, but Princesa is making a lot of this moment.

I mean, WOW. Princesa is someone to watch out for.

This one's pretty much all Sugehit. That's fine to establish someone.

KLR is alright, but there's a clear favorite here.

Boom. Can't wait to see more of Princesa.

- Borne video:
I like the cockiness.

I've liked Vanessa so far, so I look forward to more from her.


- Deeb video:
This is a BIG second chance for Serena.

There are obvious parallels to Brian Kendrick in the CWC.

I'm excited to see what she's been up to since we last saw her.

- Naomi in the crowd:
I love seeing that this is so important to WWE people who have already "made it" are here to see what's next for women in WWE. 

- Borne vs. Deeb:
Vanessa's not going to make this easy on Serena.

Solid work so far.

Vanessa stands out from her contemporaries. I like that.

Heck, Borne might pull off the upset! She's not letting up!

Serena's solid enough.

Vanessa's really coming along well.

Wow. Serena was OK, but I think Vanessa's the one to talk about after that one.

- Zeda video:
Not bad to establish her story.


Somehow I don't think that BJJ background is going to be enough against Shayna.


- Baszler video:
She could really be someone to watch in this tournament given her credentials.

I'm excited to see what she's all about.

- Baszler vs. Zeda:
Zeda's the lamb led to the slaughter here.


Oooooooh. Someone's a heel.

Oh, wow! Zeda's not intimidated!

I'm liking the physicality already.

I like the positioning here.

This is really physical. I like it.

I like this! Good to see an MMA style bout here and there.

That was awesome.

- Post-match:
Shayna's going to be one to pay attention to given her background. She's already getting hype.


- Gabert video:
I like her attitude!!

Oh I'm WAY ready to see her fight someone.

- Laith video:
I love the contrast between someone honoring Mae and Jazzy being out to kill people.

She's got potential based on this.

- Gabert vs. Laith:
Oh, Laith is in there with a BADASS.


I like Jazzy already!

Well this is fun!

This is a rough night for the former Kimber Lee.

Good submission spot.

DAMN. This is just the first episode and we're already seeing some really great talent.

I like Gabert just taking charge like a BOSS.

Laith isn't giving up, though. I'll give her that.

Nice work by Laith to pull out a hope spot.

Abbey's gotten her down!!

Oh, wow. So much for Abbey having a chance.

Abbey is giving it everything she's got.

OH MY GOD what's it going to take to beat her???

That was awesome, but I can't say I didn't want to see Jazzy move on. Maybe we'll see her in the future; she was really someone to check out.

- Post-match:
That was cool. I hope we see a rematch someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment