Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 31, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 8/30/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- SAnitY/security:
Well that's a hell of a way to start the show!! I assume those ROH ruffians are involved somehow.

- McIntyre/Strong:
Drew's a really natural babyface given how hard he's worked to get to where he is now.


Drew's got some really game opponents lined up.

The NXT Championship Open Challenge??

It will be interesting to see how Roderick interacts with the other ROH guys.

Strong's a pretty good face, too.

This is pretty good. I wonder if Cole and reDRagon are watching. They're really going to need a faction name.

I'm ready for Drew vs. Strong.

- Roode promo:
I'm curious what they'll do with Roode's rematch clause. They could always say he was so arrogant he waived the clause because he was sure he would beat Drew.

- Peyton vs. Riot:
Nice start.

I'm excited to see these two face some of the MYC names.

This is nice.

I like Peyton's mean streak.

I'm glad Peyton is giving Billie a run for her money - no one wants to be the clear Jannetty of a duo.

I'm liking the physicality here.

NICE rolling DVD.

This has become pretty solid!

Ruby's already a strong worker. And she's not intimidated by the two-on-one situation.

Ruby's going to need to find a partner to face these two. I suggest Abbey Laith, although Ember's going to need something to do, too.

That was good!

- Regal/Ohno:
It's a shame Breezango are already on a case. Regal could use their help here.

Hey, Ohno's a former ROH guy, too. How deep does this conspiracy go????

Wow, Regal's pretty prone to suggestion from Kassius here.

- Machinery vs. Negron/Awheel:
Those are the two worst jobber names I've ever heard. They're REALLY at the bottom of the barrel here. Honestly, why even give them names? Just introduce the hosses and have them clean house.

Otis and Tucker are pretty entertaining.

NICE crossbody.

Pretty fun to destroy some "enhancement talent."

- Regal/Lars:
I'm OK with that. Will he face the ROH stable? That would be fun, but would pretty much derail him.

- Roode vs. Strong:
Nice trash talk.

Ha. Strong would have looked bad if he just let Bobby taunt him like that.

Oh, this is already heated.

Good work early.

I like how these two work together.

I'm loving the backbreakers.

This is going well!

I like things spilling outside like this.

HAHAHA Roode showing off his own backbreaker skills.

Glorious Roode is a lot of fun. He's money.

It's a shame it took Roode so long to come to WWE. He's really good.

NICE gutbuster spot. That was sick.

This is really good.

Strong is a very smooth wrestler.

Roode's going out with a really good match.

REALLY nice counter to the Glorious DDT. Strong's increasingly comfortable here.

Wow. It's going to take a lot to beat Roode with all Strong's thrown at him.

I like that we hit a point where each man has done so much the solution is now just to beat the hell out of each other.

NICE save from the Glorious DDT.

I love Roode being cocky to the end.

Strong is NOT having it tonight.

That was AWESOME. Great ending.

- Post-match:
Wow. So much for Regal having his guys protected. Maybe there are ROH moles here!

I'm excited for what's next here.

-- ROH: 
- War Machine vs. White/Gresham:
I feel kind of bad for Hanson and Rowe making it pretty obvious they're willing to leave ROH, but no one's signed them away yet.

War Machine already on a roll!

This is pretty fun. I do enjoy big guys going on a tear with power moves.

And now the other guys are turning the tables.

This is fun! Both sides doing well.

I feel bad for White. He works really hard, but I've seen so many guys do the same thing as him that it's hard to get excited for him.

I'm particularly enjoying this, even with War Machine doing some aerial/acrobatic stuff.

Nice teamwork from Hanson and Rowe here.

Both teams are really solid. Wow.

NICE counter to the cartwheel.

WHOA. Hanson doing the Flair flip was impressive. These guys can move.

Both sides really working hard here.

That was awesome! Probably the best I've seen from War Machine in some time.

- Post-match:
Martinez knows not to mess with War Machine. He chose his opponents wisely here.

- Coleman promo:
Good to see him getting a character and some promo time.

Maybe splitting The Rebellion was the right move after all!

- J. Briscoe note:
Interesting. I assume the concussion is just an angle, but we'll see.

- Taylor vs. Woods:
Oh this should be cool.

Woods doesn't play around.

I like how fired up both men are.

That curb stomp into the turnbuckles was BRUTAL.

Pretty good work here.

Good story of Woods facing the larger opponent.

I love Woods' tenacity. He's not intimidated in the least.

I'm loving seeing what Josh can do.

Oh, yeah, Taylor's given up.

Not bad. 

- Post-match:
Looks like Taylor has a new friend.

I like this.

Please tell me there's a rematch coming up on TV/PPV.

- Bucks promo:
Of course we have to get back to flips by the end of the episode. Things have been good on this show so far, though.

- King video:
WOW. I'm loving the character work this week. It's badly needed for some workers.

Kenny's someone to keep an eye on going forward (if he doesn't get pushed aside for NJPW names).

- Bucks vs. Guns:
Well that didn't take long to break down!

Fine from a flashiness perspective.

This has actually been somewhat restrained for these two teams.

These guys do their thing pretty well.

Kind of weird to see Sharpshooters instead of Figure Fours, but I guess that's by design?

Lots of flying as always.

This is exciting from a moves perspective.

A backslide winning would have popped me huge.

Wow. Impressive moves from Nick here.

Superkicks everywhere!

Part of me loves The Addiction breaking this up, but I'm sure it will lead to them doing their own flips when they next step in the ring with either team.

- Post-match:
That was OK. I question if they're really going to change the culture of ROH, though. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment