Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live - 8/1/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- AJ vs. Owens:
Talk about starting the show in a major way!

Both men are two of the most versatile workers out there. They can have good matches with a variety of opponents.

Solid work in the early going.

Ha. I like Kevin knowing to get out of Dodge from that Phenomenal Forearm.

And, being the great competitor he is, AJ has a backup plan to still do damage to Owens.

I love the cannonball into the ringside barrier spot.

I'm very glad Owens is getting the position he's getting. He's very talented.

I like the battle over the suplex.

AJ has some really good fire. Pretty much always has.

Hahahaaha Owens not about to take that springboard move.

NICE Calf Crusher spot.

I love Owens teasing his old finisher only to not deliver it. Gotcha smarks.

This is really solid. I love all the countering.

Genius for AJ to scout being headbutted last time.

SO many superkicks in wrestling these day.

Ha. Damn referee!

Another good encounter between these two.

- Bryan/Shane/Owens:
Those darn referees always screwing something up somehow.

Kevin's the victim in all of this! Having that triple threat last week and now the incompetent referee!

Hahahahahah Kevin walked right into that stiupulation.

I wonder if Owens would consider going to Raw if Shane and Bryan continue to treat him unfairly.

- Usos promo:
The Uce Day!!

I like the shade these guys are throwing.

Fine to continue the build to another match.

- Fashion Peaks:
This is hilarious.

Hahahaha what the fuck am I watching???

I don't really know what this is all about, but it's pretty funny.

- Aiden promo:
I wonder if Kizarny would be open to joining this circus act?

- Aiden vs. Sami:
Sami's going to work circles around English here. Not that Aiden's not good.

Geez. I hope you like arm drags.

Whoa, wait... what!!!???? That was a really dumb move. I think it hurt Sami more than it helped Aiden, whom they're clearly not going to push.

- Post-match:
Bleeeeehhhhhhh. I'm already pretty much over these two as characters. Their catchphrase has been really forced.

- Carmella/Natalya vs. Becky/Naomi:
I can't wait for James' triumphant return.

Good work early.

This is going as well as can be expected for a Carmella match. Everyone's doing what they do well.

I love submissions. It shakes things up from so many people trying to win with a high-impact move.

Wow, Carmella let her team down there. She got SHOOK.

- Jinder interview:
So, like, how are they going to stop Khali from getting involved in this one?

Fine enough. I'm liking Jinder's reign for the most part.

- Rusev vs. Gable:
This would really be something if they let both men go all out.

Oh, yeah, nice grappling work so far.

Gable's got some serious mat skills.

I like Rusev changing things to a style that benefits him.

I liked Gable trying to surprise the big man with a backslide. Rusev's not going down that easily, though.

Gable suplexing Rusev was impressive as hell.

I'm loving this!

Gable's clearly showing shades of Kurt Angle, too. Maybe Kurt has some other kids he doesn't know about?

I'm liking both men's work here.

This is solid as hell!

Good ending. Really fun match. I hope we see more of Gable.

- Rusev/Orton:
Yeah, hard to take Rusev too seriously as a threat now.

Rusev vs. Orton should be pretty good. Both men are pretty solid.

OH MY RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!!!!

- Cena vs. Nakamura:
I'm very surprised Cena didn't get a big promo before this. I'm very glad we got Rusev vs. Gable instead.

Good feeling out between two top workers.

Nice work so far.

This is a mind-blowing match. Two very different stars competing here.

I like what Shinsuke brings to things.

NICE counter to Cena's taunt.

Check out these submissions and counters!! Both men are game.

Amazing counter to the Kinshasa. I'm loving this.

I'm loving what both men bring to the table. Each of them are highly experienced in their respective styles.

NICE having Shinsuke kick out of the AA.

Ha. Clever to go right back to Cena's biggest move.

I LOVE a match with a lot of counters and submissions.

BAH GAWD Cena's going to hit him with three AA's!!???? Sad thing is, people will still complain he goes over despite it taking that much for him to beat Shinsuke.

Really clever ending. I'm shocked as hell they had Cena put him over that big. Really impressive work.

- Post-match:
I love WWE giving Shinsuke the ball to run with. Yeah, he's 37 1/2, but that doesn't mean he can't still be an important player for a while and deliver some big matches.

-- 205 Live: 
- Kendrick promo:
Feuds on this show drag on FOREVER. I'm pretty much calling for a reboot to make the show more of a Sunday Night Heat where the cruisers can share space with people who aren't doing anything on Raw or Smackdown. It would mean less of the same people doing the same things.

- Kendrick vs. Gallagher:
Oh, wow. Jack's done playing around.

I like mean Jack!

Wow. That was something else. A new face from Gallagher.

- Post-match:
Looks like we're in for a street fight or something. Umbrella on a pole? I'd watch it.

- Swann/Mustafa/TJP:
Those damn millennials backstage not grabbing the brass ring.

I like cocky douche TJP.

205 Live is becoming UpUpDownDown!

- Nese/Gran:
I love The Masterpiece Tony Nese.

I like his confidence. He's really come into his own since his GFW run.

HAHAHAHAH Gran getting buried. Maybe he's been gone for so long because he doesn't look like Nese?

Fine brief promo from Gran.

- Nese vs. Metalik:
Metalik is definitely really impressive.

It's nice to see someone we haven't seen in a while. Gran seems pretty fired up to be back.

They've thrown in a lot of action already.

Nese makes a good cruiser bully.

Metalik makes flips an art form.

I mean, this dude is like 95% flips. I enjoy him, though, since 205 Live isn't as flip heavy as ROH can be. To be fair, ROH has been better in that regard in a lot of ways lately.

That was a fun ending sequence.

- Neville promo:
Blah blah king crown peasants.

That was mostly good. There's just only so much they can do for him in this character.

- Ariya promo:
I would pop so hard for Iron Sheik managing Ariya.

Good enough. I like this more than "rich guy," although that had its moments.

- Ariya vs. Tozawa:
I like Tozawa's style. WWE definitely did its homework bringing in talented people with a lot of different backgrounds.

Akira reminds me of a smaller Samoa Joe.

This is going pretty well so far.

The flinch from the chops always cracks me up.

I think Neville was hoping for a double countout there.

I'm liking the story here. Daivari is a good foil for his opponents.

I'm liking the strategy from Ariya.

This is going pretty well.

I enjoy both men here.

This is heating up! I'm liking it.

Pretty good ending. Neville vs. Tozawa should be pretty good. I assume it will be on Kickoff.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment