Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Raw Reax - 8/21/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Lesnar/Heyman/Braun:
I like Heyman's gloating.

They definitely have a big beating to Brock. He earned that win.

That was a really good match.

Who's next for Brock to destroy? He just escaped three of his most difficult opponents in one match!

This is a collision of two big, big dudes.

I'm glad Braun is still in the running for the title. He might be able to rebound from Summerslam since he wasn't pinned there.

Good statement from Strowman to show Brock's not out of the woods yet.

- Enzo promo:
I like Enzo laying out the contrast between these two.

Enzo cuts one hell of a promo. This has some real fire to it.

- Enzo vs. Cass:
If Big Show couldn't save Enzo, I don't know if that shopping cart will be enough.

Yep, Enzo already getting dominated.

I like this match. David vs. Goliath works for a reason.

Cass' offense is simple, but effective.

Ooooohhhhh.... that looks bad.

Ouch. That stomp was just mean.

Oooohhhh.... not good. That's a tough spot.

- Emma/Dana/Nia:
Emma and Dana are pretty much stuck working with each other forever, huh?

I mean, I am glad these two are getting TV time.

Hahaha Emma needs to be careful who she trash talks.

Nice line from Nia.

- Nia vs. Emma:
Emma just fired Nia up!

Emma put up a fight, but Nia's not someone you want to mess with.

- Elias promo:
I hope he used glasses when he looked at the eclipse!!

HAHAHAHA I love the burials of hometown crowds.

Uggghhhh fans taking over a segment.

That was a mess.

- Truth vs. Elias:
Weird that Truth is in a new angle but Goldust is just kind of hanging around backstage.

I still like what R-Truth brings to the table.

That was OK, I guess.

- Angle/Cena/Roman/Miztourage/Joe:
This is a nice callback to Cena's first WWE match.

I hope Smackdown gets something in return for this...

Oh wow. They're jumping right to this feud, huh? It's inevitable the two sides will face off eventually.

I like the dynamic between Roman and Cena.

You know it's real when he takes his shirt off.

Right back to Cena vs. Miz. As great as that always is, we just got done with that a few months again.

I like Miz wanting his due after 12 years in WWE.

Miz is so fire. I love it.

I like the narrative of Miz taking sleight to Angle thinking Raw "needs" Cena, like it's not enough to have the current roster.

Hhahaha Cena teasing leaving.

Miz doing his best to hang with the top names.

I like them letting Miz speak without Roman or Cena throwing him under a bus and saying he's not important enough to be in the ring with them.

Dude, Cena and Roman could beat Miz, Bo, Curtis, AND Maryse. Don't even act like two-on-two would be enough.

Well this just got bigger.

Joe vs. Cena is a great potential feud given them starting out training together.

Joe looked like a boss there.

This is cool.

OH SHIT Joe turning around the AA.

Wow. Roman made quick work of Miz, Bo, and Curtis.

- Gulak/Ariya/Nese/Dar vs. Metalik/Swann/Cedric/Mustafa:
I assume this is just going to be eight people doing spots.

It's hard to get eight people over in one match.

Noam is consistently entertaining.

Swann is incredible.

Solid action here.

Pretty fun work overall, although this continues to look like the sideshow division.

- Neville/Titus/Tozawa:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA did Neville just bury his own charisma and appearance????? I love it!

Titus is carrying this division. Give him the strap, brother.

- Angle/Jordan:
Damn, Kurt. Why haven't you hooked your boy up with a match yet??

WHOA. Jason's got a chip on his shoulder, huh?

- Seth/Dean/Hardys:
This is pretty cool to see.

I'm liking the team being kind of lighthearted.

Just... no beach balls at this party, please.

Given Matt and Jeff's feuds in WWE and GFW, they've definitely fought.

It's got to be weird wrestling someone you grew up watching.

I don't think it's been quite 25 years, but this is a wrestler we're talking about. They tend to exaggerate.

That was a good segment overall. No cheesy lines and nothing felt forced.

- Hardys vs. Dean/Seth:
I can't say I expected to see them trading holds to start, but I'm sure more intensity is coming.

Good work so far.

Both teams working pretty well here.

I love the "escape each other's finisher" spot.

I definitely see shades of the Hardys in Dean and Seth.

A lot of flying going on here, as expected.

Jeff will be jumping off things when the next generation of Hardys is wrestling.

This is really solid!

I'm loving the vintage Hardys spots.

Nice assisted Slingblade spot.

This is heating up!

OOOUUCCCCHHH that apron bump.

I LOVED the rebound clothesline counter.

This is awesome!

The fact Matt and Jeff can still hang with guys like Matt and Jeff is really cool.

That was a really good match. Wow.

- Brock vs. Braun official:
That should be one hell of a war. WWE needs to be REALLY careful with how they book that if Brock's going to retain.

- Miztourage/Joe:
I love the interaction between Miz. They didn't change Joe's character to be buddies with Miz.

Joe really took charge there. I love it.

- Sasha/Alexa:
Glad to see Sasha getting the spotlight again. As great as Alexa is, Bayley's injury threw the division into disarray.

Of course, Bliss isn't going to let things go that easily!

I like Sasha firing right back.

I love Alexa's attitude.

Wow. Alexa's not in the mood to break someone's heart? Is she feeling well?

That was good.

- Jordan vs. Balor:
I like Jason trying to get the upset early on.

This is already solid. Glad we're seeing Jason let loose.

I'm loving the fire on display.

Jason's got his hands full here!

This is pretty solid. I love Jason's technique.

DO NOT SUNSET FLIP FINN BALOR!!

Finn has a lot going for him as an athlete.

Jordan's doing pretty well against the former Universal Champion.

Balor on a roll now.

I was betting on a Bray Wyatt appearance. I'd definitely rather see him than beach balls.

- Joe/Miz vs. Cena/Reigns:
I like Joe getting Cena's attention like that. This crowd is embarrassing.

I like the heel teamwork here.

I like Miz having an advantage for a time.

UUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH the wave. In 2017???

It's a shame they can't just stop the match until the idiots stop.

There's great work here when they don't have to combat the crowd.

Roman's got momentum going for him.

Nice counter to the Superman Punch.

I like Miz's friends helping out.

Reigns is so underrated as a worker.

Roman taking care of the interferers!

This is a pretty fun tag match.

NICE counter to the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

HAHAHAHA Reigns hitting Cena was good.

OUCH. So much for the suicide dive.

Oh I would have popped SO hard for Miz pinning Cena.

That was a lot of fun (other than the wave).

- Post-match:
I'd like for them to save Cena vs. Reigns until at least Survivor Series. We'll see what they have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment