Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Raw Reax - 8/7/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- MizTV:
Glad the Miztourage is starting this.

Miz is an A-Lister and deserves the best treatment!

I'm wondering what Jordan will be doing at Summerslam. Seth/Dean/Jordan vs. Miztourage would be good.

I mostly like Miz not cowering in front of Brock and not letting him run things.

I worry they're setting up for Brock the underdog to retain in a surprise. I don't know if that's the right move.

I'm surprise Brock and Heyman are taking this from Miz.

I like that Miz is OK with Brock and Heyman taking a hike.

That roleplay comment got kind of weird. They could have easily made an acting reference instead.

Arrive. Suplex. Leave.

Fun destruction, although I can't say I'd mind someone else being champion.

- Rollins vs. Sheamus:
I like the story they're telling early.

I enjoy Seth's pure energy in the ring.

Pretty good so far.

I like how these two are countering each other. They're good enough to not be too formulaic.

This is really fun.

I was about to say, I hope two people can beat Rollins.

- Post-match:
I'm glad the tag team champions can be a devastating force.

Wow. No help from Dean.

- Seth/Dean:
Dean is SO lame. His character is actually worse than the forced badassness of Roman.

Dean vs. Cesaro could be a mess. Each man is the wink link on his team.

- Angle backstage:
Hahahaha Kurt had to put a backup plan together really quickly!!

- Jordan vs. Goulet:
Oh, man. Jason's just dominating this guy.

Fun match to showcase Jason.

I like that finisher, although he's not going to be able to hit it on some wrestlers. I guess they're saving the Angle Slam for a big opportunity.

- Bayley interview:
Wow. Bayley's really down.

I'm interested what's next for her.

Sasha vs. Bayley as a "real" feud needs to happen at some point.

Oh come on, Alexa's not cutting a promo on Bayley? That one's such a layup.

- Alicia vs. Sasha vs. Emma:
Hey Alicia and Emma are getting a match on Raw! I don't see it ending well for them, though.

Good frantic work to start.

I'm a not-so-secret Emma fanboy.

I like the chaos of a triple threat match.

Ha, Emma trying to win off Sasha's knee drop.

I love everyone trying to get a quick win while one person's out and another is vulnerable.

Fine work. Poor Emma.

- Braun interview:
I LOVE the new monster getting a big push. He'd be my pick to leave Summerslam with the title.

This is good. I'm excited for the big war.

- EnzShow/Club:
EnzShow is pretty fun in small doses.

I REALLY wonder what we're in for in the Enzo/Cass angle at Symmerslam.

Really bland challenge from Karl and Luke. So much for them turning face. I guess with Dawson hurt, those plans are gone.

- EnzShow vs. Club:
I'm liking this well enough so far.

Enzo looks so out of place with the big bald guys.

No shock Enzo did the job. He's got more Heat than Miami.

- Post-match:
I like the Enzo/Cass dynamic. David vs. GOliath and all that.

That was pretty cool overall.

- Finn/Bray:
Bray must care about fear more than winning considering his record of big losses!

I'm surprised they haven't done more about the demon in this feud. I expect they're saving that for a rematch.

I like how these two play off each other, as characters and competitors. Hopefully both men have big futures.

Pretty fun. I love me some smoke and mirrors.

- Ambrose vs. Cesaro:
Phew. Let's hope they don't try to make this a wacky indie match.

Not a bad start. I like the jockeying for position.

Neither of these guys strike me as world champion material in their current state.

Mostly fun so far with Sheamus getting involved.

Good wrestling here.

That superplex would have been SICK.

I'm liking how these two mesh. No goofy swings or wacky clotheslines.

This is impressive!!

One hell of a counter to Dean's suicide dive.

Ambrose is showing some real wrestling talent here.

Aaaand there's the clothesline I hate.

I'm liking the teamwork here.

Not bad!

- Post-match:
See, Seth's a good friend.

Hahahah a dose of Dean's own medicine.

- Titus Brand/Neville:
I like Titus' little group, as odd as it is.

Oooh, Neville throwing Tozawa under a bus.

OK enough, although Neville insinuated his Summerslam opponent isn't even worth his time and Titus stood up for him instead of Akira standing up for himself.

- Tozawa vs. Ariya:
Good start to things.

I like Daivari being a foil for the other cruiserweights.

This division has good matches, but it's hard to get too into things. Adding Enzo to the mix would improve things, but there's only so much that can be done to revitalize a pretty bland show.

Fine to show Akira might actually be a threat.

- Post-match:
I hope Titus is involved at Summerslam. There's a good story to be told of him helping Akira win, but Akira being upset at winning that way.

- Roman interview:
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA he didn't even watch MizTV. I'm dead. Even the people on Raw are tuning it out.

Roman retiring Taker AND Brock would pretty much cement him for life.

I'm liking cocky douche Roman. They're embracing people booing him.

- Mickie vs. Nia vs. Dana:
This brand has some really talented wrestlers who are clearly not in title contention.

Hahaha Nia throwing Mickie at Dana. Savage.

Nice work between Mickie and Dana. I wish we got to see more of them.

Part of me still wants Braun and Nia to be a couple, but I can see how that would be too goofy for two big monsters.

I'm glad Nia is presented as such a big threat.

Fine match.

- Goldust promo:
I actually have missed Goldust. He's been lost in the shuffle on the road to Summerslam.

Yeah, I'm reading this as "we don't have any plans for Goldust, but wanted to remind you he exists." I do like this character direction, though.

- Kurt/Cass:
Ha. They're getting some use out of that shark cage!

I'm not crazy about seeing Show vs. Cass, but maybe they can make it work. I can't shake the feeling this is some kind of punishment for Enzo somehow - is he afraid of heights? Is this so he doesn't actually have a match on the show? I'm curious if there's more to this.

- Braun vs. Roman:
Oh yeah his is going to be fun.

I love Braun just being a big, rough dude. It's a nice change of pace from so much of wrestling today (looking at you, 205 Live).

Strowman is invincible!

This is just a big brawl. I like it.

Monster. Among. Men. Even the biggest dog can't beat him without weapons.

OH MAN. Nice counter to the Superman.

I like this being pure carnage.

WHAT THE FUCK. Braun's dropkick counter was INSANE. Being that big and that mobile is scary.

This is quite the clash.

Braun just knocked him out with that chair shot. Oh my God.

I'm excited to see where this goes.

A powerbomb through the announce table would have been pretty big.

How many Superman punches does he need to beat him!!!???

Ha. Joe wants a piece of the action, too!

That was pretty good to set things up for Summerslam.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment