Total Pageviews

Friday, August 11, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/10/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- Sienna/Karen/Gail:
It's weird for Destination-X to not be as heavily focused on the X-Division, but I'm more than OK with other people getting the spotlight.

Sienna vs. Karen next week?

Wow, Gail waltzing right into a title match.

I do look forward to seeing Kim in the ring again.

- Grado/Park:
Tough experience for Grado here.

Mostly funny.

- Garza Jr./Laredo vs. Marufuji/Fantasma:
I like seeing some fresh faces in the mix.

Time to flip!!

So many matches just seem like excuses to do cool moves. I mean, diving on your own partner???

That was a LOT of moonsaults. Konnan must be proud.

Marufuji is pretty based.

"Just go out there and do a bunch of dives and flashy stuff."

That was OK.

- Grado/Park vs. Kongo:
Haha, selling Kongo as a beast.

Joseph Park better call Shark Boy and James Mitchell!!!

It is odd to have the heel be in a two-on-one situation.

Park has really added to his family's legacy. Abyss doesn't have to take as many hardcore bumps with Joseph around.

Wow. That was a nice showcase for Kongo.

- Post-match:
Uh-oh... Kongo's not done.

BAH GAWD THE MATCH IS OVER!!

Laurel's brave.

Oooohhhh... I don't know if slapping him was the right move.

I was wondering when/if we'd see Tyrus get in the ring again. He's been downplayed lately.

Nice tease for an eventual Kongo/Tyrus clash.

- Lashley/Trevor/Ki interview:
Pretty odd teaming, but I'm OK with all the "just combine a lot of feuds in one match" approach.

- MMA video:
This is weird unless it's building to something. I don't think it's a good move to advertise Lashley might be leaving wrestling.

- Dutch/Lashley/Sydal:
I mean, Matt's pretty much known as a flippy guy. He's held a lot of "small guy" titles, and didn't get all that far competing with other weights in WWE.

I love Lashley burying the X-Division. It can be a showcase of talented wrestlers at a lower weight class, but it's often something of a sideshow.

That was cool. I'm curious where the match is leading. We'll know the BFG main event by the end of the month. I wonder where each man will be on the card.

- Announcement tease:
I'm curious what that will be. I hope it's good.

- LAX vs. VoW:
I like the flagrant disrespect by LAX, just showing up and kicking butt.

This is pretty fun so far.

This is wild. Lots of action.

Oh, man. Those handcuffs coming in handy here.

That was mostly fun to continue LAX's reign.

- Alberto/Sonjay/Sydal promo:
This main event should be pretty fun.

- ACH vs. Ishimori:
The Super X Cup final could be the flippiest match that's ever flipped!

OK start for a showcase of moves.

I'm mostly liking the work here.

That was a lot of big flashy moves to finish off ACH. I wonder if he's staying as a free agent and/or if he'll be at the next set of tapings.

- Post-match:
Nice enough setup for next week's match.

- Ki promo:
I can't say I knew Ki could pull out a lot of Spanish.

- Alberto/Sonjay/Sydal vs. Lashley/Ki/Trevor:
I loved Alberto targeting Low Ki after last week.

Well, so much for Sonjay continuing Alberto's momentum.

Fine flashiness from Sydal and Sonjay.

I'm liking the action so far. A lot of styles on display.

Alberto and his partners that get beat up.

Hahaha Lashley stopping Alberto.

Fun work from the babyfaces.

This is going pretty well!

HAHAHAHA Sonjay getting caught on the powerslam.

Nice ending to set up Low Ki as a threat to the champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment