Total Pageviews

Monday, August 21, 2017

Summerslam Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw and Smackdown brand WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- Corbin interview:
God, he's been so screwed.

- Shane interview:
I'm excited to see Shane inevitably get back in the ring. He's always fun.

- Miz/Bo/Curtis vs. Hardys/Jordan:
Babyfaces going strong here.

I'm glad Curtis and Bo are getting to be on TV again.

This is all pretty solid. The faces make a pretty fun combination.

I'm loving all the suplexes. He's clearly Kurt's son!

Oh, wow!! I didn't expect the heels to win.

- Seth/Dean interview:
I think this is the right move. Dean's better with Seth and they both needed something to do.

Nice nod to their first Raw match.

- Tozawa vs. Neville:
Good start.

I'm loving the intensity here.

Neville's not happy to have been dethroned.

Pretty good back and forth here.

I liked the octopus spot.

Both men doing great stuff.

I'm liking the action here.

Ohhh... so much for Tozawa winning there.

OH GOD the never-ending title reign is back in session.

- Roman promo:
I'd hope he's preparing for three of his toughest opponents being in one match!

- Elias songs:
Hey, if Takeover can have a concert, why can't Summerslam???

Elias reminds me of Piper playing the bagpipes just to piss off the fans. I like it.

- Carmellsworth:
I think this show will have plenty going for it, and Baron already cashed in his briefcase. They should save Carmella cashing in for a different show.

- Jinder promo:
Look at this brave immigrant standing up to all those cruel WWE fans booing him!

- Xavier/Big E vs. Usos:
Glad to see Xavier showing what he can do. I do miss Francesca, though.
 
Big E hossing it up.

I love the teamwork of New Day.

This is solid!

OOOUUUCCCHHHHH that's one way to counter Big E diving.

Oh, man! I thought the stereo splashes would have done it. This is good.

These two sides are tearing it up!!

This is really going well!!

That was awesome! Great work by both teams!

- Heart Break Colonel:
I'm not even mad. This is great. Honestly, they need to include Col. Sanders in WWE 2K18.

- Heyman/Braun:
Could this be Brock's final title defense???

I'm excited for this main event!!

-- Summerslam:
- Cena vs. Corbin:
Yeah, Cena's treating Corbin about as seriously as the bookers have.

I like Baron's brawling style.

This is pretty good so far.

Cena doing the signature Cena spots.

This is pretty solid.

Both men doing great work here.

Man. Cena did well and Corbin is improving, but I'm disappointed in them throwing Corbin away like that.

- Naomi vs. Natalya:
This is good so far.

I'm glad Naomi's in a prominent spot now.

Both women doing good work here.

OH MY GOD that flexibility from Naomi. Scary.

I'm loving the submission work.

Natalya might just get it done!!

Nice way to escape the Sharpshooter.

That was a great ending!! Congrats to Natalya!!

- Show vs. Cass:
This is pretty fun. Enzo's doing what he does best here.

It probably works out better for Enzo to not be at ringside given his previous run-ins with Cass.

I'm loving the story of Show's hand not being up to par.

That was a pretty good counter to the Stinger Splash.

Genius to target the hand.

I'm glad Cass didn't get the Baron Corbin treatment there.

Cass is desperate here.

Well that's a pretty innovative solution from the Certified G.

Oh God this could be a scary bump.

Hahahaha so much for Enzo being any help here.

BOOM. Big boots everywhere!!

That was a lot of fun! I'm glad Cass got such a strong win.

- Angle/Bryan:
Imagine if these two would have faced off back in the day!

I'm loving this. Both men have great comedic timing.

- Orton vs. Rusev:
Glad Rusev is fired up!

OH MY RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!!!!!

It's going to be tough to take Rusev seriously after a convincing loss to another former champion. His ceiling is the U.S. Title for the time being.

- Bayley/Sasha:
Poor Bayley.

Oh, man. Bayley's going to snap and turn on Sasha, isn't she??? I'd be down for that.

- Alexa vs. Sasha:
I like this being a big fight.

Both ladies are really good. Alexa's improved a lot.

This is intense! I like it!

Sasha's determined to win this one for herself, for Snoop, AND for Bayley.

Sasha isn't giving Alexa any chance to catch a breath!!

Alexa trying to save herself here.

Bliss has a good instinct at taking advantage of a way to retain.

WOW. Sasha really digging deep here.

I'm loving the Banks Statement spot.

That was really good. I think Alexa looked fine in defeat.

- Finn vs. Bray:
Brooklyn would have buried this if The Demon didn't make an appearance.

Bray should be careful what he wishes for!!

Balor's making him pay. Don't play with fire. You might get burned!!

Good God. Finn's just dominating him.

Bray finally getting to take advantage of Balor's risk-taking offense.

I like Bray's offense. I'm glad Husky Harris has come this far.

Finn's having quite the night.

Ohhhh man. The Eater of Worlds isn't ready for the Demon!! Balor's not intimidated at all.

That was cool. Glad Finn got the win.

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Rollins/Ambrose:
I have a feeling the Europeans are going to regret getting these two to team back up.

I'm glad this is spilling out of the ring.

OOOOOHHHHH maybe I'm underestimating the champs. They're doing great here!!

I'm loving this already. Seth takes some serious punishment.

THANK YOU CESARO!!!!! You can do the Giant Swing for life for all I care. That was a thing of beauty. I just worry it will further encourage idiots to make the show about themselves so they can get a WWE superstar to come to the crowd and come after them.

I'm loving Dean's fire. This is absolutely the right move for him.

WOW. Loving the teamwork from Seth and Dean. They're good.

Cesaro can hit an uppercut from anywhere. I love it.

If Dean clotheslines someone chanting "We are awesome" or something at a show, he'll get props for life, too.

I'm loving all the work by everyone.

I loved the homage to the triple powerbomb.

Man, everyone here's really good.

Loved the crossbody spot.

WOW. This is off the charts!!

I'm loving Cesaro's submissions.

This is amazing!!

OH MY GOD what's it going to take to beat these two??

Haha be careful what you ask for Dean!

That was a GENIUS counter to the Sheamus/Cesaro doubleteam.

Just incredible. Wow.

- Owens vs. AJ:
Oh this is already a big fight.

Shane better be careful! He could be powerbombed on an apron if he's not careful.

I'm liking this one so far.

Both men are really solid, and can really deliver.

This is really great so far. Both men work really hard.

I'm loving the counters.

This is exciting. Both men are top notch.

HAHAHAHAHA KO bumping Shane.

These two know each other really well, hence all the counters. That's good storytelling after they've faced off a number of times already.

Oh come on, Shane took a bump in a helicopter. He'll be fine.

I'm loving the story here.

Good work with the Calf Crusher.

Shane just taking bumps left and right!!

Oh I would have popped for Owens winning after Shane shoved AJ.

Good GOD what a brainbuster. That was intense.

This is just full-on big action.

This is really, really good.

GENIUS counter from the Phenomenal Forearm to the pop-up powerbomb.

Shane needs some practice as a ref. He should have been sure it was 3!!

Nice tease for AJ winning in the same position Owens almost won via rollup.

That was awesome. Man. This show has had some downs, but it's also had some really great work.

- Jinder vs. Shinsuke:
Oh, Nakamura's already showing why he's a credible challenger.

Mahal's strength is only going to get him so far against Shinsuke's experience.

Very international flavor in this one.

Man, Jinder once again being taken to school by a challenger.

I'm wondering who saves Jinder next. Tiger Ali Singh??

I'm enjoying this one so far.

Jinder's solid. I think he'll at least be U.S. Champion level after dropping this title.

Umm, I don't know if you want Shinsuke to get up given how hard he kicks.

That Strong Style is taking its toll on Jinder!

OH MAN! That was a cool Frankensteiner spot.

Wow. Nakamura is really putting in a good showing.

This is solid! Shinsuke looks like he just might have him!

Ha. Samir and Sunil taking some real beatdowns forJinder.

That ending was OK. I was hoping Shinsuke would need another finisher to take him down, but this hardly buried him. Keep an eye on him in the months to come.

- Brock vs. Joe vs. Braun vs. Roman:
This one's going to go down in the history books.

Oh this is already lit.

Suplex City in full effect.

Brock vs. Braun is a mass of humanity.

OH MY GOD THIS IS PURE CHAOS!!!! That spear spot was really well done.

We might have a new champion! Impressive power from The Monster Among Men.

This is a lot of fun.

Impromptu street fight.

OH MY GOD they're not going to have any tables left!!!!

Oh, wow. I guess Brock's going to get off the stretcher and kill all three of these guys. But where in the world would they go from there???

I'm loving everyone's action.

NICE Samoan drop into the Coquina Clutch.

Based Braun. I'm loving this.

Oh man, Brock is as unstoppable as Strowman!

Brock on a rampage!!

This is amazing. Everyone's doing big things without it feeling like the whole match is signature spots.

Fans would have lost their minds if Roman pinned Brock there.

I love Joe preventing the Superman Punch like that.

Everyone's giving it their all. This is a war.

Brock saving his title there!

Another great counter into the Superman Punch.

Great double spear spot.

I don't know if anyone's going to survive this one!!

This is INSANE. Everyone's just killing it. Everyone's been built strong.

I'm loving all the false finishes.

OH MY GOD ROMAN JUST MIGHT DO IT!!!!

That was a thing of beauty. I don't know how they're going to take the title off Brock now, but that match was off the charts.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment