Total Pageviews

Friday, August 25, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/24/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- GFW vs. ATT:
Oh yeah, we're in for a big clash here.

Lashley vs. Storm could be fun. I'd like to think Lashley could destroy the mostly retired Jeff Jarrett.

- Cornette promo:
Oh boy. Here we go with the shoots. I wonder what Alberto thinks of that remark.

- oVe vs. Seekers:
Nothing wrong here. Just establishing the Crists.

I guess it's better to use a lot of big boots than superkicks?

That was fine enough.

- Cornette/Drake:
Be careful, Eli!

I can see Jim conducting business like this for real.

Corny seems to be having a blast.

- JB/Taryn/Gail:
I love heel Taryn. Glad her career didn't end with "Tiffany" in WWE.

Taryn going all in on Kim. I love it.

Pretty fun. I'm excited for one last Gail/Taryn clash.

- Taya video:
I'm pleasantly surprised LU is letting GFW using people under contract there.

- Park/Grado/LVN/Kongo/Shera:
I know the realities of deportation are often really tragic, but this is pretty entertaining.

This is touching.

I'm loving Grado's tribute to his time in the U.S.

PLEASE DON'T GO!!!!

WHOA. It's a completely different Laurel Van Ness.

What's with all these food references?

That's amazing!!!

OK, that was touching.

NO, DAMN YOU, KONGO!!! Don't ruin this!

That was honestly a really good segment.

- Cornette/Edwards:
I hope the ROH alums/others who have worked with Jim warned the newcomers. I'm serious. This guy's not someone I'd trust in a management position, even in kayfabe.

I like Corny putting over his former top champion. That was nice.

- LAX promo:
This is like a parody of gangsta segments. Hard to take them seriously.

I wonder how many LAX members will be in this Gauntlet!

- Gauntlet for the Gold:
-- Edwards/Drake:
Oh this is good. A clear contrast between the two starters.

-- Bokara:
Yeah this guy's not winning. I assume he'll just be thrown around by Lashley or someone.

-- E. Kingston:
WHOA!!! Where has he been all this time????

I have missed this guy actually. He was trying out for NXT before he got picked up here.

-- Sutter:
This guy's really been spinning his tires after the AMAZING angle with Allie.

-- Justice:
OH MY GOD! This is already fun.

This is ridiculous, but I'm sure we'll get some great action here, too.

Those squats are going to pay off at some point.

-- EC3:
EC3's a smart guy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA so much for that alliance. What a jerk. I love it.

-- Kongo:
BAH GAWD BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP!!!

Oh yeah, it's definitely picking up. I love gauntlet matches and the like.

Yeah, don't mess with Kongo. I'm shocked Shera backed him down.

Oh, well. So much for Kingston pulling anything off.

-- Suicide:
I like him making a big entrance. Not a bad strategy for the gutsy.

This is good!

OH MAN. I like Kongo being sold as such a beast.

Haha Eli's had enough of this.

-- Shera:
Oh my God I will RIOT if this guy becomes world champion.

Well, he's off to a good start!

Drake's in trouble here!!

-- Adonis:
Talk about timing!! Eli owes this man a title shot if he wins.

So much for Shera winning.

-- Fantasma:
I love all the bodies involved here.

-- Impact:
Here's the guy who could make a big statement if he wins. He's a top guy in the lucha scene right now.

Oh yeah, the former Johnny Nitro is getting it done.

-- Garza:
More lucha!

I'm liking all the action here.

-- Bahh:
I love that people who normally don't work in the same match are all colliding.

EC3 and Drake have the right idea here. Let everyone else do the work!!

-- KM:
Lots of fresh names in this match.

This is pretty good.

-- Ishimori:
This could be the most global GFW match yet!

There are a number of names who can have a good showing without winning.

-- Lashley:
Make way for the uncrowned champ!!

Lashley going on a tear is always fun to see.

-- Moose:
Ooohhh... another big player here.

Ha. Good luck with that, Garza.

Nice elimination by Moose.

-- Ki:
I wonder if the world title picture is cursed given Alberto and Ki's status.

I like Ki's fire here. It's a shame we won't see much more of him in action here.

Ki vs. Impact could really be something.

This is solid!!

Wow. I'm surprised EC3 went out like that. I guess he's staying at Grand Title level for now.

I'm loving all the action here. We're seeing some interesting combinations here.

Oooohhhh.... poor Low Ki!

Yep, Lashley's going to be the guy to beat here.

Solid work here.

Drake's taken a lot of punishment here.

I want to see more of Moose vs. Lashley.

Moose vs. Edwards was fun while it lasted. That would be great.

Interesting final three here.

Oh wow. Heck of a save from Drake.

Haha. All these not-quite-eliminations of Eli.

So much for Impact starting off winning the title!!

Eddie's determined to get another title reign. I'd be OK with it.

This is solid!! Drake's out to make himself famous.

That was one hell of an ending sequence! And a shocker for new champion!

- Post-match:
I'm excited to see what's next here.

I'm excited for GFW vs. ATT. I hope it leads to a return of the Double J Double M A Challenge. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a wrestling show.

This leads to some interesting new directions. I look forward to what's next!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment