Total Pageviews

Friday, August 4, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/3/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- LAX backstage:
I hope LAX doesn't grow to nWo (or Bullet Club) levels. Or Immortal or Aces & 8s.... you get the idea. GFW can get caught up in having really big factions.

- Super X Cup video:
It will be interesting to see how the Super X Cup winner does vs. the X-Division Champion (currently Trevor Lee, of course). Which is the bigger deal?

- Dezmond vs. Drago:
This is pretty fun so far.

I'm fine with a flashy X-Division match here and there. It just feels like so many of them are just excuses to do cool MOVES.

I'd kind of crack up if they did a double KO finish. I assume the winner of the other semifinal would then go home with the cup.

More flips....

I mostly like Drago. Glad to see some different backgrounds on display here.

Funny to see him hit the 619 given the Rey-to-GFW rumors. It'll be interesting to see where Rey ends up for 2018.

I was hoping Drago would win, but we'll definitely see more of him either way.

- EC3 interview:
This guy's great as a face and a heel. Absolutely one of the best prospects GFW has had in years.

Weird to see them put over the Carter last name like that. I'd pop if he became Ethan Jarrett III or something.

- Alberto/Karen/Prichard:
I don't know if this tension is a deliberate reference to Alberto fighting his brother in real life, but it's pretty funny.

See, Alberto will get into a fight with anyone! I guess he's the Stone Cold or Kane of GFW in that sense.

It's KIND OF funny to mix real-life hothead Alberto and the character Alberto.

- Trevor vs. M. Cat:
This guy's lucky to have a match with the true X-Division Champion!!

I do like Trevor getting to show what he can do.

Wow. Someone's upset their partner got this match instead of them!

Whoa! This other Mumbai Cat is much better!

WWWHHHHAAAATTTTTT Talk about an upset!!!!!!!

- Post-match:
Sonjay was one of the cats this whole time!?!?!?!!? What a swerve!!!!

Wow. Sonjay's being treated really poorly for someone who had his property stolen. Typical cops, am I right?
 
But, like, it's Sonjay's title. Why doesn't Bruce just make Trevor get it back? Then Sonjay could say he'll defend the title in a ladder match or something.

- MMA people:
Interesting tease. There's definitely been talk Lashley needs to choose one or the other. There's no guarantee he'd pick wrestling, either. That's a shame, because he's REALLY good.

- Park/Grado:
Tough to say whether Joseph Park's segments are as funny as Breezango's. I'm loving them both.

- Drake/Kongo/Eddie/Justice:
Man, Eddie is CONSTANTLY getting his ass kicked in GFW.

Oh now you've just gone too far, Kongo!!

- Moose vs. EC3:
-- Round One:
Oh yeah, Moose is great, too.

I like Moose's power.

EC3's pretty good in a more well-rounded way.

I like EC3's aggression here.

-- Round Two:
Moose could have KO'd him right there!!!

EC3 trying to win by pure force.

I like Carter just being mean for the hell of it.

Moose is a top prospect.

I would have been upset if this didn't go three rounds.

-- Round Three: 
This is good. I like Moose just going to town with his offense.

I mean, man. Moose is just laying in every move he has. I'm a little split on that, as some of those moves would be believable finishers.

This is heating up pretty well, but there's the obvious criticism they're throwing out a LOT of moves that aren't effective in getting the win.

A lot of action there.

Kind of an anticlimactic ending, but it pretty much has to be when the judges award someone a win.

- OVE promo:
I hope the new team is good. I look forward to seeing what they're all about.

- KM/Bokara/Bahh vs. Suicide/Sutter/Grado:
I hate the "randomly throw a bunch of people in a multi-man match" trope. ROH is particularly bad at this.

Oh boy. DIVES.

Spots and spots and spots.

Pretty meaningless match just to give Grado a surprise win.

- Post-match:
So security can harass Sonjay every week but not the guy with an expiring visa?

Kongo is REALLY protective. And he could be in for his third beatdown segment in one night!

I'm not liking Braxton/Allie. They did so much to put them together and now they're splitting for seemingly no reason.

Awwww maybe Laurel does have feelings for him. Wedding at Destination X??

- Konnan interview:
Konnan still does his shtick pretty well.

Should be interesting. They've done a pretty good job with this angle other than the "Carlos" thing.

- EC3 segment:
I wonder if this should have been earlier on the show. It's a weird fit here.

- Ortiz/Santana/Homicide vs. Alberto/Dos Caras/Dos Caras, Jr.:
A little surprised the older wrestler is starting this one, but obviously the family's pretty upset at all this.

Wow. Homicide getting owned by a senior citizen.

Oh yay another dive.

Alberto's family members are doing pretty well against the vicious thugs.

Alberto still has a lot going for him in the ring.

Hell, Alberto might be able to beat all of LAX on his own!

Ha. I wouldn't have blamed El Hijo for hitting Alberto instead.

So apparently Low Ki actually is partially of Latin descent, so I'll let it slide. It seems odd, but he does have a past with Homicide.

I guess the end game is Low Ki vs. Alberto? That could be pretty good, although I'm not 100% sure Low Ki is world champion material. It's worth a shot, though!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment