Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Raw Reax - 8/24/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Ambrose/Seth/Sheamus/Cesaro/Angle:
This is some Bachelor-level drama. Will they end up together or not?

I wonder how long this team can really last before one of them wants to do bigger things. They have to be careful not to cool Rollins off too much as a main eventer.

This is such a tease! They're both playing hard to get!

That's cold, Seth!!

So much for being on the same page!

Sheamus and Cesaro making their mark against the former champions.

I'm liking all this.

I like how this is all coming together.

Now that's teamwork!

That should be a heck of a tag title match.

- Nia vs. Sasha:
Hahaha Alexa gets her own special chair.

This should be fun. I like what both of them do.

Interesting Irish whip spot.

OUCH. That head-scissors didn't end well for Sasha.

Nia using her dominant power as always.

Good victory roll spot.

I'm loving the counters. Nice story here.

That superplex would kill Sasha.

Nice spot with Meteora in the corner.

Sasha switching arms was pretty cool.

NICE ending sequence. That was all well done.

- Angle/Hardys/Miz:
It's a shame we're not getting the Hardys vs. The Revival. I can see them working together pretty well.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to try to settle things with Brock.

- Bray/Finn/Angle:
It's got to be tough keeping your employees from fighting each other all the time!

Wow. Angle throwing away a PPV match on Raw is pretty impulsive. Not sure it's the right move.

- Elias/Truth:
Ahhh. Elias is on a mission to be hated by everyone!

I guess Truth is done working with Goldust. I wonder what's next for The Golden One.

I hope we get some kind of Battle of the Bands with Elias and Truth's rapping. That could be great.

- Cass/Enzo/Show/Club:
I wonder how many more PPV matches Show's got left in him. Hopefully Cass gets a big rub from the match.

Cass going HARD on Enzo.

This is great. Cass is going hard on them both.

I hope Show doesn't beat Cass. Even if it's dirty, it seems shortsighted.

I also hope Enzo can be a success without Cass.

Hahah Enzo's trash talk game is great.

The Big Cass Club could be pretty fun.

Man, Show almost took out three guys.

Oh that was brutal.

I expect Show's going to get his heat back at Summerslam. Oh, well. Maybe Cass can rebound.

- Neville vs. Tozawa:
I love the surprise attempted pinfall. It only takes three seconds to win!

This is going well so far.

This is heated. I like it.

Neville didn't get to where he is without knowing how to compete with people like Tozawa.

I like Neville's aggression.

Tozawa's pretty intense.

Akira's got a lot going for him.

I like Neville's kicks.

That was a nice Rings of Saturn spot.

Weird to see heel Neville try to hit a crowd-pleasing move.

OH WHOA!!!! They're finally shaking up 205 Live!!

- Post-match:
That was a pretty cool moment for the Titus Brand. The division really needed something fresh.

- Show/Enzo:
Interesting.... Maybe this is giving Show an "out" to losing to Cass. Cass can attack his hand for heat. Fine by me.

- Emma/Mickie:
That awkward moment when Emma's opponent in the start of the "women's revolution" was Paige.

Mickie's been around the block. The revolutionaries better recognize her contributions to the business.

- Bray vs. Finn:
Balor's got the speed and technical advantage. Bray better watch himself.

I'm liking the story early on.

Finn's a hell of an athlete.

Bray's methodical, which gives him an advantage in some ways.

Tough to stop Finn Balor. Maybe Bray needs a guitar??

Lots of running going on in this one!

I'm liking this a good deal!

Bray can't escape outside the ring!

Nice enough ending.

- Post-match:
Bray making a statement here.

Well that looks dangerous. Use safety goggles and gloves!!

- Mickie vs. Emma:
Glad we're seeing this on Raw. They've done good work on Main Event.

Mickie absolutely still has it.

OUCH. That was a big tumble for Mickie.

Good work so far.

I'm liking the action here.

Pretty good work!!

- Finn promo:
Can't wait to see Balor's entrance at Summerslam.

- Miz vs. Jordan:
Don't mess with Jason! He's got quite the amateur credentials.

Miz is a true pro. He knows what he's doing to get Jason over.

That was nice to not "sacrifice" the former Wrestlemania headliner in a loss to someone fairly new to getting a push.

- Post-match:
I guess the Hardys needed something to do tonight.

- Hardys/Jordan vs. Miz/Axel/Dallas: 
Good work early on.

Good to have Jason in there with experienced pros. Maybe the Hardys' overness will rub off on him.

Bo and Curtis have got to be happy they're getting more of a push, even if it's just being Miz's lackeys.

The Hardys and Jason make an interesting combination in the ring.

Jason not letting Miz escape after that DQ finish.

I love Bo and Curtis saving Miz. They're grateful to share the spotlight!

Pretty fun stuff.

Axel's really solid, but needs to be part of something like the Miztourage for character's sake.

More solid work from everyone.

Matt hitting a clothesline before Miz could was pretty funny.

Jeff going on a tear!

I like the "everyone hits a big move at the end" trope here and there.

Pretty fun overall.

- Angle/Brock/Heyman/Joe/Braun/Roman:
Can't wait to see all these security guys get bodied.

I'd still watch Kurt vs. Brock in 2017.

I'm excited for what should be one of the biggest wars we've seen in a long time.

They're really selling Brock not walking out with the title. I'm not convinced he'd really go away.

So weird to hear Samoan stereotypes in 2017. It's cheesy.

Heyman can sell pretty much anything. I can see how ECW stayed in business so long despite its financial problems.

I'm excited for this one.

I'm liking what everyone brings to the table here.

Ha. Roman didn't even need to talk.

Hahahaha Brock just watching them fight.

Oh yeah. Fights everywhere!!!!

I love watching a big pull-apart brawl.

That was a pretty cool ending. Summerslam is going to be a really big show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment