Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 8/29/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Jinder/Singhs/Shinsuke/Orton/Rusev:
I like them introducing the main event so early in the show. I love a good Teddy Long situation as much as anyone, but I also like the idea that Shane and Bryan care enough about the show to not wait until it starts to put together a main event!!

Good to see a new name in the title mix.

How many people in Little Rock know what jingoistic means??

Poor Singhs letting down so many people!!

Ha. Like those two can protect Jinder from Shinsuke.

The Jinder Mahal Kiss My Foot Club could be interesting, I guess.

Hahaha. Poor Bollywood Boyz. I think J&J Security were bigger threats than they are.

Glad the numbers game played into things there.

Maybe Rusev will last ELEVEN seconds with Orton this time!!!

- Next week's match:
WOW. That should really be important.

- Benjamin/Gable vs. Ascension:
I'm thinking of a team name for Shelton & Chad. America's Greatest Alphas??

What was Viktor thinking trying to trade holds with Chad Gable? They need to use their power if they're going to win this one.

I'm loving all the suplexes.

Hey, The Ascension have lasted longer than I expected them to!!

Nice teamwork from both sides.

This is solid! Glad to see a big match from this division.

Wow. Weird to see Konnor and Viktor actually look like a threat.

I've missed seeing Shelton in WWE!

Pretty fun so far.

That was pretty fun!! I was hoping Gable would get the pin, but no major complaints here. They showed Shelton is a game partner for the rising star.

- Corbin interview:
I assume this is some kind of test to see if Corbin can handle losing a push.

Yeah, poor Corbin can't even get his heat back on Cena. It gave us Cena/Roman, though.

Imagine losing matches for the WWE title and U.S. Title within two weeks.

- Styles/Tye/Corbin:
I love Styles vs. Owens, but I'm good with it getting a break before it becomes the new Zayn vs. Owens.

Wow, Corbin. Way to drop the ball.

Glad Baron could join the proceedings after all.

Tye not backing down! I like it.

- Styles vs. Tye:
Ha. Dillinger got there first!

Not bad here.

Fun while it lasted. I'm sure they could have a pretty great match if given the time.

- Post-match:
Sorry, Baron. You'll have to wait until next week!

Not bad.

- Jinder/Rusev:
I like Rusev's motivation here. He's not just along for the ride.

- Roode vs. Mike Kanellis:
Weird seeing a GFW alum vs. an ROH alum here.

Kanellis doesn't really have a lot of offense. It's whatever, though.

I like Roode's smoothness in the ring.

Pretty good work from the former GFW Champion.

Nice work to get another taste from the Glorious One.

- Aiden/Owens/Shane/Zayn:
Ha. I like Owens being a fan of Aiden when no one else is.

Shane abused his power and should be removed from office!!

Who does Kevin go to if Shane needs to be removed? Will we see him petition Vince?

Interesting Stephanie namedrop. Could we be seeing her on TV soon? I'm impressed by how long it's been since we've seen her.

But... Shane let him back the referee! Why is he upset at Kevin's choice??

I hope they don't stretch this out to Survivor Series just to play off 20 years from Montreal. Bret vs. Vince should have ended all of that.

Shane taking charge!

So how soon does Kevin take Sami out?

- Zayn vs. Aiden:
Fine showcase of Sami's skills.

Hahahahaha Owens taking charge in his own way!

I guess anyone can just come down and be a referee now!!!

- Shane interview:
Ha. Poor Aiden finally wins a match and it doesn't count.

- Ziggler interview:
Is there really a new side to Dolph Ziggler? What could he possibly have not have shown us already?

I do love a good "your town sucks" moment.

Odd to have Dolph shoot down a bunch of stuff that's a lot more interesting than "I'm so good please notice me."

Was that a shot at Balor? Wow.

Ziggler realizing he's pretty much obsolete with so many new, talented wrestlers coming up.

- Usos vs. Big E/Kofi:
Well it looks like Xavier is at least able to appear at ringside.

Big E's always fun.

Nice teamwork from New Day.

These two sides work together pretty well.

Solid action here.

I like Jey having Trouble in Paradise scouted.

NICE counter to Jey's Samoan drop.

I'm liking this a lot.

Good ending. I can't wait for me.

- Carmellsworth/Natalya/Naomi:
I love this pairing.

OOOOOHHHHHHHH Natalya took a stiff shot at Corbin there. I assume there's some kind of "bury Baron" directive backstage.

I love how Nattie the Cat Lady became a thing. It's definitely more interesting than MY UNCLE BRET HART WAS SO GREAT AND HE LOST IN MONTREAL.

Wow, Natalya's got a lot going on.

- Lana/Tamina:
I like "ravishing revolution."

No way is Tamina that feared. She's not even as scary as Nia or Asuka, much less someone like Braun.

I do like this pairing, though.

- Tamina vs. T. Stock:
Good enough to establish Tamina, but Nia does the same thing so much better.

- Fashion Files:
Ahh I've missed this.

HAHAHA that shot at belts vs. titles.

This is crazy.

I can only imagine where this goes next. It's been fun.

- Orton/Shinsuke vs. Rusev/Jinder:
Wow. Not very sportsmanlike of the babyfaces!!

Good action so far.

I'm liking this work.

I love how the RKO can be hit pretty much anywhere.

Orton's a really underrated wrestler.

Ha. The Singhs earn their paychecks!

Rusev and Jinder make a fun team.

I'm glad Rusev is lasting longer this time.

Nice action here.

I'm liking Shinsuke vs. Rusev.

This is all pretty solid.

Wow. Rusev got pretty devastated there at the end. Nice match, though!

- Post-match:
Don't trust a viper, Shinsuke!!

-- 205 Live:
- Kendrick vs. Gallagher:
This should be good.

I like Jack's new intense role.

Oh yeah, this is fun.

This is really solid! They're getting to turn the heat up.

I love a brawl spilling out all over the place.

Wow. Kendrick messed with the wrong guy. If Jack's a clown, he's Pennywise.

Jack's giving him a beatdown!

I wonder how many kendo sticks WWE goes through in a year. Like, do they have a whole truck full of them or what?

OH SHIT Brian showing his own mean side.

OH MY GOD Kendrick's lighting him up!!!

OHHHHHHH that DDT was pretty sick.

BAH GAWD!!!!!! That was awesome!!

- Gulak/Nese/Noam:
I love Noam's framing of that loss.


Gulak's a lot of fun in his role. I'm still dying at the tweet with Orton.

Tony Nese as PG Scott Steiner has been fun.

That was good overall!

- Ariya promo:
I'm BEGGING Ariya to use the Camel Clutch as an homage to THE REAL LEGEND, IRON SHEIK!!!

- Swann vs. Ariya:
Good back and forth.

I like Swann's athleticism. Good to have some flashy fliers here.

I like Ariya's antics here.

Haha. Funny ending.

- Post-match:
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH TJ suddenly got a lot better! It's a miracle!

Fun stuff.

- Gran/Cedric/Enzo:
Wow. Enzo's going to alienate his peers in this locker room, too!

Fun enough segment.

- Enzo promo:
Enzo's pretty funny.

That jab was particularly funny given the Enzo club story from a few weeks ago. I didn't cover it as it wasn't really wrestling related, but it's out there if you want to read it.

- Nese/Gulak/Dar vs. Cedric/Metalik/Enzo:
Drew's dance was great.

Nice action to start.

Nese is growing in confidence. I like it.

Enzo's definitely adding something fresh here.

Ha. Enzo didn't need to join in the dive shenanigans. I like it.

Good action here.

Cool headlock spot.

This is solid!

Lots of fun action here.

Pretty good ending sequence there.

- Post-match:
I'm SO glad we didn't hear from Neville on this episode. He's getting really tiring.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment