Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 8/15/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Jinder/Singhs/Shinsuke:
So, are Samir and Sunil going to ever have a match or are they just managers now? J&J Security were more active in the ring than these two.

I popped at Rhode Island having nothing to celebrate. What a dick.

Jinder is based. I'm glad they're elevating him. I think he's delivering, although the test will be if he can get a second title reign.

"Someone who isn't a white American celebrating their heritage" is always easy heat.

Jinder going on a tear! I love it.

Imagine beating Cena and Shinsuke in the same week!

An Indian (Canadian) and a Japanese man in the WWE Title match of a major PPV. That's big.

That got kind of heavy.

Not bad overall. It's tough to push Nakamura too hard without him speaking a lot of English.

- Becky vs. Natalya:
Good start.

Becky is really good and Natalya is always solid.

Natalya's submission game is understandably great.

LOTS of submissions here.

That was good for showing Natalya as a threat. I can see her getting a Lifetime Achievement Award title reign.

- Post-match:
BAH GAWD THE MATCH IS OVER!!! 

Carmella is a more natural heel than Natalya. It's hard to boo someone who's paid as many dues as Natalya.

I love Carmellsworth. I hope they have a segment with Enzo backstage Sunday.

- Lana/Tamina:
I like the idea of Lana wanting to make Tamina the next Rusev. I'm not against the idea of Tamina winning the title and Lana taking all the credit/holding the title and making Tamina defend it. I like that kind of thing.

- Bryan/Usos:
I'm not crazy about them all facing off before having the title match on Sunday in the same match.

- Rusev vs. Gable:
This was GREAT the last time they faced off.

WHY WOULD YOU TEST STRENGTH WITH RUSEV????

Gable's suplex game is on point.

Gable's brave for following Rusev out there.

Rusev let his anger get the best of him there.

- Post-match:
MATCHKA TIME!!

I don't really see how the announce table makes the Accolade any worse, but hey, whatever!

OH MY RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!! I like Randy's character not being too much of a focal point.

- AJ/Shane/Owens:
I wonder how long it took Shane to dance after the helicopter accident. I did miss him and his dance.

I'd watch Shane vs. Owens or Shane vs. AJ II. He's good on special occasions.

I'd pop for Shane "pulling a McMahon" and screwing AJ. Owens as his corporate champion could be fun.

Oh, Shane's definitely getting physical at Summerslam.

Owens is such a pot stirrer. I love it.

Hahaha Owens making all these insinuations. He's amazing.

They might as well make it a triple threat!!

Pretty fun.

- New Day promo:
These guys always crack me up.

- Usos vs. Kofi/Xavier:
These teams have good chemistry.

I'm so glad the Usos are heels now. Things got stale with them as faces.

This is good!

Woods is pretty solid. I'm glad he gets in action sometimes.

Superkicks everywhere! They're the new clothesline.

Good teamwork to shake the champs before the title defense.

- Fashion Peaks:
I love how meta this is. It's good having some comedy here and there.

They've saved the pie for a whole week? Wow.

This is so ridiculous, and that's why it works.

I don't even know what to say at this point. It's bizarre.

- Cena vs. Jinder:
This is a really big match. They're putting Cena through a lot with his new part-time schedule.

Good opening.

Ha. Jinder saved from the fifth move of doom!!

Wow. I hope Cena doesn't beat three guys here.

Man, Cena's already dominating him.

Cheap finisher kickout. The AA doesn't mean much of anything anymore, which is a shame.

Wow. Cena ate Jinder alive.

That didn't do anything for Mahal. At least Khali didn't bail him out. No way would he make it to the ring in time to break up the count!

- Post-match:
Jinder was really rendered ineffective there. They might as well have Jinder lose the title to put the icing on the cake!

- Jinder vs. Corbin:
Terrible. They threw Jinder under the bus AND wasted the cash in. That was a mess.

- Post-match:
I feel your pain, Baron! That was poorly booked!

-- 205 Live: 
- Gulak/Nese promo:
I like this combination. They've been solid.

That was good.

- Cedric/Metalik vs. Nese/Gulak:
Haha Tony's addicted to posing.

Nice start.

I liked Cedric stopping his dropkick.

I've missed Gran Metalik!

Pretty fun work here.

I like Metalik's acrobatics.

Good to use the smaller Metalik as the crash test dummy.

Everyone working well here.

Pretty fun!

- Cruisers backstage:
This is nice. The championship changing hands affects the whole show.

Oooohhh..... intense.

- Kendrick vs. Mustafa:
I like the role Brian plays in this division.

Both men telling a good story here.

Mustafa's pretty impressive.

Oh MAN. That 450 splash almost ended REALLY badly for Mustafa.

I love submissions in the division.

I like how straight-up mean Brian is in the ring.

Darn you, Jack Gallagher!! I thought you were a tolerant, rule-abiding fellow!!

- Post-match:
Brian messing with the wrong Brit.

- Swann/Ariya:
I like the oneupsmanship angle well enough, but it's not very compelling from a story standpoint. "Why are they wrestling?" "Just to see who can win more."

I like Ariya constantly referencing Iran for some reason.

Good enough.

- Swann vs. Ariya:
Is it bad that I want Swann as the cruiserweight member of New Day?

Good work here.

Swann's agility and athleticism are unreal.

OUCH. That hip toss to the apron was rough.

The action on this show is always solid. It's just that so much of it just seems to fill time.

I'm blaming the sound person on that one. Get it together!!!

Good ending. I'd like to see TJ and Noam work together as cocky douchebags.

- Kendrick interview:
Another duel would be fun. The show is going in circles, though.

- Titus dancing:
I'm really starting to miss PTP, although I think New Day might do that gimmick better. Plus, now NXT has the Street Profits. Titus and Darren are a fun pair, though.

- Titus/Tozawa/Neville:
This show benefits from a hype man like Titus. 

MILLIONS OF YEN MILLIONS OF YEN MILLIONS OF YEN MILLIONS OF YEN.

This is a pretty big moment for Akira.

Titus is great.

This is really good to get Akira over.

Neville did do a lot of work for the title.

It's weird to do the title change six nights before the PPV, but I guess they wanted a bigger audience to see it. I assume the show after Summerslam will be really big, so they got it out of the way.

I like Tozawa's fire and fury.

Good ending. I hope Akira isn't a one week champion. It was time for something new.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment