Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Raw Reax - 7/31/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Angle/Brock/Heyman:
Cool homecoming for Kurt.

Nice pun on Angle's name by Heyman.

I love Heyman putting over the other competitors instead of treating them as afterthoughts or making jokes at their expense.

Conspiracy victim Brock Lesnar.

Wow. They're basically setting up the idea of Brock losing the title as a given.

So there's the play to Brock leaving for UFC. It'd be odd for him to leave before his deal ends, since he can't fight until he plays out his MMA suspension.

That was pretty cool overall. They did a good job of putting the outcome in doubt and playing off the real rumors of Brock's future.

- Hardys vs. Club:
Fine start to things.

VINTAGE Hardy Boyz OH MY!!!

This is pretty solid.

Matt making plenty of use of those turnbuckles.

Good work all around.

Pretty efficient win for Matt and Jeff.

- Post-match:
So like, where are the champs in all of this? Just waiting for everyone else to wipe themselves out?

I'm liking the big fight among the three times.

The Hardys stand tall again!

- Dean/Seth:
Seth as the third wheel to Dean/Renee.

I mean, Dean and Seth did have one hell of a feud. I can see why Ambrose isn't eager to be bros again.

- Seth/Sheamus/Cesaro:
Hahaha I'm liking the heels' smarminess.

All that bants. I love it.

Funny as hell.

- Cedric/Swann/Tozawa vs. Nese/TJP/Ariya:
Filler match of pretty athleticism. Nothing new here.

As much as I love Titus, they could really do something for Akira if he kicked the crap out of his larger manager.

Talented wrestlers here.

Fun pretty moves.

Nice flurry to end things.

- MizTV:
Ahhhh heel Miz is always so much fun.

I love Miz just taking the piss out of everything.

Honestly, Jordan is really, really good in the ring.

Wow, imagine having Angle AND Miz in your corner.

I hope Miz gets to be a top guy again at some point.

Based Miz burying Angle AND Pittsburgh.

Jason's brave for threatening Miz with his posse right there.

That was pretty cool. I hope Jason and Gable can make it far in WWE.

- Roman promo:
I'm fine with badass Roman. It's much better than "sufferin' succotash" Roman.

That was good.

- Sheamus vs. Rollins:
It's funny. At one point Sheamus would have been the singles guy and Seth and Cesaro would be a struggling tag team.

I like both men. I'll probably like this better than Seth vs. Cesaro in an indie-style match.

I'm liking this so far. Both men's strengths are on display.

NICE counter to the springboard move. All that flying around can be costly!

Good work here. Seth is a really hard worker.

Ha. Cesaro couldn't help his partner there!!

- Post-match:
I'm glad they were able to eventually beat one guy.

Oh, well, maybe Dean's warming up to the whole teaming idea after all.

That was cool. Dean didn't just clean house on the champs.

I'm guessing we get Seth and Dean going for the titles at Summerslam, while the Hardys, Club, and Revival fight for No. 1 contendership.

- Joe promo:
I'm glad Joe's getting to look like a badass.

This main event is going to be AMAZING.

Good work.

- Bray/Finn:
I wonder if Bray got some of his promos from Bo's conspiracy theory ramblings.

I love this gimmick. It's so different from "I'm a badass and I'm going to win this match."

I mean, Finn's no slouch. He's been pretty impressive.

Looks like Finn can do tricks, too.

I look forward to this match. Summerslam is worth well more than $9.99.

- Braun promo:
I like Strowman's approach.

I am SO ready for the battle of mastadons to end all battles of mastadons.

Good promo.

- Braun vs. Joe vs. Roman:
Splash City?
This is a damn fight. I love it.

I am glad Joe can throw something in this beyond brawling. It adds some good variety. That was a hell of a spot into the armbar.

Might as well get ready for a triple countout. No one's going to be able to contain this one!

I'm loving this a lot already.

I love that Joe scouted the Superman punch, then Roman improvised and hit it in another way.

You don't need 100 flashy moves to tell a good story. This is great.

I'm loving how these three interact.

That was a great way to get rid of Strowman.

Nice ending. Can't wait for more at Summerslam.

- Enzo/Show:
I'm actually liking Big Show's character here. I'm fine with him being part of things here and there.

- Elias promo:
There've been a lot of references to being in Pittsburgh.

- Kalisto vs. Elias:
Wow, Kalisto's faring well against a more powerful opponent.

Kalisto is a solid guy in his spot, but he's pretty much stuck in that spot.

I'm liking this well enough. I think Elias is showing potential.

Wow. Kalisto pretty much had him.

Nice showing from both men.

- Alexa interview:
I fully expect Sasha to be in the title match somehow. It'd be odd to just do Alexa vs. Bayley again.

Interesting.

- Dean/Seth:
Dean playing hard to get. That jokester.

Pretty fun.

- Bayley vs. Nia:
Oh man. Not the ponytail!

I love how these two work together. Bayley plays the underdog babyface so well and Nia always ragdolls her.

Bayley fires up well.

Straight-up power is effective here.

Oh, wow! Bayley might just be able to stop her!!

Ha. Alexa trying to get involved.

That was a good way to have Nia lose without "jobbing"/looking week.

- Cass promo:
Pretty good. I'm liking heel Cass.

Should be bowling-shoe ugly in the best possible way. No hurricanranas or 450 splashes in this one!

- Enzo promo:
Also good. I think both men will do good things going forward.

- Show vs. Cass: 
Oh yeah, this is a fight.

Vintage Big Show here.

I do like Cass having to deal with someone his own size.

Good enough so far.

Show has definitely gotten in pretty good shape.

I like Cass' strategy here.

Yeah, big guys going to the top turnbuckle doesn't usually work for me.

That was going well before Enzo got involved. I assume we're in for more at Sumemrslam.

- Post-match: 
Cass just can't shake the Certified G.

I assume a handicap match is coming at Summerslam.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment