Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Takeover: Brooklyn III Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT-brand WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- Panel:
The fact the NXT show is so important compared to Summerslam is big. NXT has really been built up as a special place

- Angle: 
WHOA. This is definitely a big show.

I like the idea of scouting for future Raw (and Smackdown) stars. It really puts the brand over.

- Big E:
Again, I love Raw and Smackdown names putting NXT over so much. It further solidifies the importance of the brand.

Dr. Tom reference! Awesome.

Someone's got to be on Kickoff. I'm honestly tired of hearing complaints about it. It's kind of an arbitrary distinction anyway.

Big E is hilarious.

Oh I definitely expect the Authors and SAnitY to hit the main roster at some point. Both should be great there. SAnitY still needs some time together, but I think they'll end up fine.

- Nakamura:
I guess this is going to be like ECW alumni never forgetting their time there.

- Neville:
Kind of tired of Neville's act, honestly.

205 Live saved Neville. He'd be pretty much were Apollo Crews is without it.

I hope Neville vs. Black and Neville vs. Itami happen. Black in particular would be wated on 205 Live, though.

Black is based. I'm excited for that match.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH I was waiting for them to bring up Neville and Corey's NXT history.

I like Gargano, but I think he's stuck at 205 Live level on the main roster.

- Sasha/Carmella:
Carmella's an odd fit when you think of NXT, but that's why she works.

Asuka vs. Sasha is going to be awesome someday.

- Bayley/Becky:
Cameos everywhere tonight. Wow. I like it.

- Corbin:
Man. Baron might need to head back to NXT after that failed cash-in. His stock really took a hit.

Haha I love his arrogance.

I hope Baron does thrash John. Cena's made.

-- Takeover: 
- Almas vs. Gargano:
Good start.

Almas is much more fun as a heel.

This is already solid. I've missed Johnny.

Almas is getting more comfortable in the ring. I like it.

Pretty good work here.

I do think some of Johnny's offense is unnecessarily complex. The slingshot spear is kind of goofy.

These two are working off each other well.

I'm liking this!

Johnny is ridiculously smooth, and Almas is getting better.

Ha. Nice use of the old merchandise there.

That was nice! I hope we're in for a rematch!

- Angle, Bryan, et al:
That's pretty cool. I like this.

- Authors vs. SAnitY:
Oh this is going to be fun.

Hell, they'll need all four members to beat these two!!

I love the sheer power of the Authors.

Hahaha just switching which members are in the match like that.

I always love a brawl in the crowd.

I hope the mastadons go far.

The Authors are unstoppable!

Nice Flair homage there.

I like the Authors just using raw strength. They don't need anything fancy.

SAnitY is holding its own here!

Holy shit Wolfe is getting it done!!

I'm loving this!!!!

SAnitY doing well as the underdogs hitting everything they've got.

I never like the Tower of Doom when it hurts your own partner.

OK, that Tower counter was clever.

Man, they ALMOST had the champions there. This is good.

This is absolutely CRAZY.

I love everyone getting involved.

OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDD that table spot!!!

That was beautiful! Great work by everyone.

- Post-match:
OH SHIT HERE THEY ARE!!!!!

I'm excited for reDRagon's WWE futures. They were two of the best workers ROH had.

They're just putting everyone on notice, aren't they???

This is going to be incredible. Authors vs. reDRagon should be absolutely off the charts.

- Guests in the crowd:
The crowd's going to go crazy when Adam Cole pops up.

- Guest commentator:
Hey, when you need someone to call a slobberknocker, this is your guy.

- Black vs. Itami:
OHHH SSSHHHHIIIITTTTTT!!!!

Black is incredible.

Something to be said for two people just kicking the holy hell out of each other.

Itami's growing on me as a heel. He's got his work cut out for him making up for all that time off.

Hideo mimicking Aleister was great.

I hope they don't have to stop this for blood.

I mean, FUCK. Aleister's knocking the hell out of him.

Black's got everything you could want in a star from a physical standpoint. Vince better not screw this guy up.

Itami's good on a technical level. He's just in there with an amazing worker.

This is a war!!

I'm liking all the strikes. Good God.

Itami's got his work cut out for him!!

There's some crazy physicality here. Just. Wow.

That was awesome. Black looked like a million... umm.. Euros.

- Asuka vs. Ember:
Ember trying to Goldberg her way into a quick win!
 
Oh this is already a big battle. NXT is going all out!

Asuka with a mean streak is a really scary thing.

I like Asuka's viciousness. She could hold that title as long as she damn well pleases!

Asuka working on the arm is glorious. She's dangerous!

The Joshi Submission Machine??

Asuka is like a shark out there. Ember's in trouble.

Ember pinning her in the Asuka Lock would have been disappointing.

Ember can barely get any offense going!

This is pretty impressive with all the strikes going on. We've come a long way from bikini battle royal matches.

OOHHH MMMYYY GGGGOOOOODDDDDD someone kicked out of Eclipse!!!

Hahahah Asuka avoiding another Eclipse.

Nice crossbody spot.

Hahah pretty clever armbreaker spot. Asuka can really be someone on the main roster if she's protected.

That was a REALLY good ending sequence. Wow. This whole show's been a hit!

- Even more names in the crowd:
I guess Cole will end the show, then. WWE's got an amazing roster from the last few years of talent signings.

- Roode vs. McIntyre: 
Former GFW world champions squaring off for the NXT title. That's something.

Good start.

I'm liking this so far.

I love arrogant Roode.

Both men already bringing it. The bar has been raised.

Drew's bringing the fight!!

OOOUUUCCCHHHH that slam on the apron.

NICE blockbuster spot.

Bobby is methodical. I like that.

I love a good sleeper/chin lock spot.

Drew's throws are great.

This is already pretty good.

Roode's got his work cut out for him here.

Good GOD what a superplex.

Hahahahaa clever jackknife spot. I love Roode's chicanery.

Clever Future Shock reversal.

Both men really delivering here.

NICE counter to the powerbomb from the corner.

I'm loving all the back and forth here.

AAAHHHHHHHHH Bobby using the ropes to his advantage.

WOW. That was one heck of a flip dive. It meant more since we didn't have 45 other suicide dives on the show.

I don't want this to end! They keep pulling out all the stops!

I was loving it until the ending. Drew shrugged off Roode's finishers too easily. A small blemish on a great match, though.

- Post-match:
Uh Ohhhhhhh. Here they are again.

And look who it is!!

Pretty fun. These three guys are going to add a lot to WWE in the years to come after stellar ROH resumes.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment