Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2018

Extreme Rules Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network supershow.
-- Kickoff:
- Almas vs. Cara:
Cara's solid.

I love the Almas/Vega pairing.

Cara looks like a credible threat here.

WOW. Almas already having trouble with someone this low on the card.

Fun overall if they're fine with Andrade being solidly below U.S. Title contention.

- SAnitY vs. New Day:
This is already hot.

OHHHHHH nice dive from Killian.

Wow. Crazy Doomsday Device.

Good teases here.

Nice!

-- Extreme Rules:
- Ronda at ringside:
I'm honestly surprised she didn't just show up for Alexa/Nia. I mean, I assume she's going to be stuck signing autographs all night or something.

- Matt/Bray vs. B-Team:
This one's just a matter of time.

Matt and Bray have really gotten to "play the hits" territory. I'm ready to see both of them hit the Lake of Reincarnation and come out as something new.

WWWHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT

THE BO HOOD DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!

I really hope they don't boomerang the title on Raw. Please save us from Deletion Man and Spooky Man.

- Angle promo:
Wow, that. Wow. That's quite the 180.

I assume Stephanie or Corbin will block this.

- Finn vs. Corbin:Baron's not bad. He's just kind of there to play off more flashy workers.

This is going well enough.

Yeah Corbin was outclassed here. Hopefully we're done with this one.

- B. Bros/Hell No:
Oh damn. Kane's going to have to go Super Demon or something now. That was nice.

- Carmella vs. Asuka:
Ha. They're not even hiding James having to save her. I love it.

Wow. Very ineffective shark cage.

Yyyeaaaahhhh I wasn't expecting a classic, but I wish we got more than that.

- Post-match:
I hope Asuka can get somewhere after this.

- Jeff vs. Shinsuke:
BOTH HARDYS BTFO. Are Edge and Christian booking the show or something?

- Post-match:
Welp, looks like Jeff's gone for a while. And now Shinsuke's going to play second fiddle to Randy, too? Great.

- Braun vs. Owens:
I hope this isn't exclusively Owens trying to escape.

Braun definitely looks indestructible. Can't wait to see him screwed over for the title again.

That reminded me of Impact doing a "cuffed to the cage" match once. Vintage Russo.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

I hope Shania singing was worth it , KO!!

- Jeff interview:
I think I'd be dipping after being emasculated that badly, but Jeff clearly doesn't want any more kids.

- B. Bros vs. Hell No:
Fun so far.

It wouldn't shock me if Bryan won on his own given how they've booked him before.

I'm liking this.

This is pretty fun.

Good work.

- Reigns vs. Lashley:
It's a shame these two got bumped to lower than the spot they deserve.

This definitely isn't starting like a big brawl.

Good so far.

Jesus there are a lot of clotheslines in this one.

NICE Superman punch counter.

I'm glad to see Lashley getting a big spotlight here.

OUCCCHHHH big suplex.

Solid stuff.

I was impressed there. Good to see them toning back Reigns' push after so many failed attempts.

- Alexa vs. Nia:
We very well might get three run-ins in this one.

Haha I like Alexa using Mickie to her advantage.

I love the dynamic between these two.

OUCH that press slam.

GET THAT MANIAC OUT OF HERE!!!!!!

No kendo sticks in UFC.

Damn this was a handicap match at times.

- AJ vs. Rusev:
I would be more than OK with Rusev pulling a B-Team here.

Good work so far.

AJ is insanely smooth.

Damn. Styles showing what he's all about.

Haha nice save from Aiden.

WHOA that toss to the outside.

Nice story with Rusev being too hurt to capitalize.

Ahhhhhh so much for the exposed turnbuckle backfiring.

RUSEV IS STILL ALIVE YOU CAN DO IT RUSEV!!!!

Ahhhhh. Good while it lasted.

-- Seth vs. Dolph:
- Seth 0, Dolph 0:
Good start.

I love the pure wrestling here.

My main issue with these matches is how all of a sudden people can score a fall within ten minutes when they normally can't.

- Seth 1, Dolph 0:
Damn. I'd normally pull for Seth to win 15-0 or something, but Ziggler's really in a groove lately.

- Seth 2, Dolph 0:
Wow, Drew. Was it worth it?

- Seth 3, Dolph 0:
Wait, can they only DQ Dolph once?

Oh. Maybe it was worth it.

- Seth 3, Dolph 1:
A superkick scoring a pinfall in 2018 is wild.

- Seth 3, Dolph 2:And the Zig Zag getting a pin, too??????

- Seth 3, Dolph 3:
Well now Seth's turning things around.

THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT HIGH RISK MAGGLE.

- Dolph 4, Seth 3:
Seth's got a lot of endurance.

Ziggler's really hanging on.

NICE dropkick spot.

Crazy neither man can score the pinfall after we've seen each man score three now.

This is pretty impressive.

I'm liking the strategy here.

This is picking up quite well.

- Dolph 4, Seth 4:
I'm loving the submissions.

Dolph is smart to bail out here.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA THE CLOCK EXPIRED I LOVE IT MAGGLE.

Disappointing ending to close the show. They worked hard, but the booking let us down.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment