Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Raw Reax - 7/9/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Reigns/Lashley:
I'm curious what these two do next if Brock's busy with UFC.

Angle and Corbin didn't do a good job of keeping the peace!

I LOVE a big pull-apart brawl.

Oh I'm enjoying this. They didn't need a bunch of catch phrases or profanity. They're just throwing bombs.

Pretty badass. Good start to the show.

- Alexa/Mickie vs. Nia/Natalya:I'm guessing Nia beats Mickie here.

Nice Hart Attack.

I love Alexa's heel antics.

Good times.

- Post-match:
Alexa's going to need more than a kendo stick to beat Nia!

- Jax interview:
I expect Ronda's going to have something to say about all this.

- Angle/Owens:
Seems legit.

I'd actually like to see Braun vs. Angle at some point.

- Jose vs. Mojo:
Hey, how are these two supposed to become bigger stars if they don't get match time on Raw?

Mojo's pretty basic.

Yeah this is Main Event level work.

Not bad for undercard action.

- Sasha/Bayley:
Imagine a wrestling feud actually ending with counseling.

- Rollins/Jinder:
WWE's pretty lazy with some of their gimmick ideas. How many "Indian guru" characters have there been?

Jinder's just another goof now. Might as well start pitching a new 3MB with Heath and Rhyno.

- Seth/Dolph/Drew:
Dolph's growing on me in this role.

This is impressive.

Wow. We're already teasing a Dolph/Drew split I see.

Again, we're still making "Scottish people have sex with sheep" jokes in 2018?

- B-Team/Deleters:
I hope Matt and Bray get to do something new after dropping the title at Summerslam. It's run its course.

- Matt vs. Bo:
Ouuccchhhhh that throw out of the ring to Bo.

This is lame.

I hope the Authors kill both teams Sunday.

- Lashley promo:
They could have a heck of a slobberknocker.

- Breeze/Liv/Sarah:Tyler and Liv make a pretty natural couple.

Eh.

- Alexa promo:
I kind of want Alexa to retain over Ronda. It'd be a lot more fun to have her reign longer and say she beat the UFC Hall of Famer.

- Ember vs. Liv:
Not bad.

Nice once it got going. I just wonder where Ember goes with Ronda, Nia, and Sasha higher up the ladder than she is.

- Finn/Roode:
Wow this is kind of cringey.

WWE slams those catch phrases down people's throats, huh?

- Angle/Owens/Drew/Dolph:
Man, Angle puts up with a lot to avoid offending Stephanie.

Presumably Drew can buy a ticket like Ronda?

- Elias/Corbin:
I think WWE will actually release an Elias album like they did with Jillian Hall.

Baron's another goof I can't take seriously as a heel.

- Balor/Roode vs. Corbin/Elias:
Mostly solid. Corbin's definitely IC title level at best at this point.

Roode's giving a lot here.

Not bad once it got going.

- Angle/Owens/Braun:
I expect Owens to try to escape immediately. Should be fun.

- Sasha/Bayley:
They're intentionally saving this for Summerslam in Brooklyn to play off their history there.

- Roman interview:
I like this side of Roman.

Nice enough.

- Rollins vs. McIntyre:
I already like this battle. Good to see Drew work like a beast.

Seth can make anyone look like a star.

Drew looks like a BEAST here.

I've missed seeing Drew run wild.

Good physicality here.

This is BADASS.

NICE spider suplex.

These guys look like top names.

Really good. I'm optimistic about Dolph's and Drew's futures.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment