Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Raw Reax - 7/2/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Reigns/Dolph/Drew/Rollins:
I'm surprised Reigns put The Revival over. He could almost certainly beat them both at once in kayfabe.

As always, if Lashley isn't that big of a deal, Reigns doesn't gain anything from beating him. And if Reigns loses, it's to someone who's not that big of a deal!

I like the heel team gaining prominence.

I'm glad Roman sold for them.

- Post-match:
The Teddy Long special!

It always feels like wrestling authority figures wait until the show begins to make the main event. Don't they have all week?

- B-Team:
I'm glad WWE's finally at the point of mocking the stale Woken gimmick. This has been a breath of fresh air.

- Matt vs. Curtis:
I'm surprised Axel is lasting this long.

OH WOW. Given their respective accolades, that's an upset.

- Reigns/Rollins/Lashley:
Giving THE BIG DOG two wins in one night should definitely get ratings up.

- Rollins/Ziggler announcement:
That's pretty impressive. I expect both men to deliver big there.

- Counseling:
I'm surprised more fights don't break out in counseling waiting rooms.

I've missed Dr. Shelby.

- Authors vs. Titus/Apollo:
Fun stuff.

Damn. Pick your battles, TWW.

- Owens arrives:
I mean, there were travel issues on live events this weekend, so it makes sense Owens would have issues tonight.

- Ziggler/McIntyre vs. Rollins/Reigns:
Glad to see Drew used as a real threat.

Nice teamwork from the heels. I'm glad they weren't fed to Bray and Matt.

This is all good.

Pretty badass for the time it had.

- Post-match:
Pretty good. Interesting that Lashley didn't save the day.

- Angle/Owens:
Again, you've had the whole week to make matches! Does WWE just hire GMs for one day a week or something?

- Corbin/Balor:
Honestly being an authority figure first might be a better use for Corbin at this point.

Nice digs from Baron.

Oh no. Now Stephanie's going to have to get her heat back on Finn, isn't she?

Ehhhh.

- Morgan/Logan/Elias:
Well that was interesting.

- Ember vs. Liv:
Moon's wrestling circles around her. This is night and day.

I'm glad Ember beat her clean.

- More counseling:
So, what, did Shelby have to cancel the other appointments? That's a long meeting!!

This needs to be a web series.

- Lashley/Reigns vs. Revival:
I'm glad The Revival are a threat here.

Give WWE credit. They could have Roman beat them both in 3:00.

Dash and Dawson getting some frustration out at how they're booked, I see.

- Post-match:Not bad. Again, this could have easily been Revival being fed to THE BIG DOG and Bob.

- Owens/Angle:
Come on, Kevin. Remember Shania's promise!!

- Lashley vs. Reigns official:
So, yes, that multi-man contendership business has been thrown out the window.

- Mojo/Jose:
I'm all for Mojo getting some character development.

This is kind of goofy.

So-so.

- Ronda announcement:
Wow. That's a pretty ineffective suspension!

- Jax promo:
This is a weird situation with two heels facing off. If it weren't for the obvious Alexa/Ronda feud, I still like the idea of Nia "going too far" in attacking Alexa to turn Bliss face.

- Nia vs. Mickie:
Good work so far.

Pretty basic, but effective.

Wow, Natalya. Rude.

Not bad.

- Owens/Jinder:
I like the idea of this being an alliance, but presumably Braun could just kill them both at once.

- Lashley interview:
Mostly good.

- Braun vs. Owens:
Hahaha. I'm surprised more heels don't do this.

- Post-match:
Oh, no....

I'd be fine with never seeing a bathroom humor segment again.

Phew. This week was a rough episode.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment