Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2018

Slammiversary Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact PPV.
- Impact vs. Taiji vs. Fenix vs. Petey:
I'm a little surprised Petey wasn't on this card to begin with.

Here's your hot meaningless flippy match to warm the crowd up.

Good start.

I like Petey, but I don't think he's at the level of these other three.

I'm glad the guests are in this one. They add something that Impact vs. Petey really wouldn't have.

They're definitely bringing a lot of action.

A sharpshooter in a four-way X-Division match? What are you thinking, dude?

Nice work. Everyone got to shine.

- Allie vs. Tessa:
I like Tessa as a heel.

They're telling a good story of the veteran against the disrespectful upstart.

Allie's making this one matter.

That wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but it certainly wasn't bad.

- Edwards vs. Tommy:
Wrestlers really need to stop trying holds in a blood feud.

Ahhhh vintage Dreamer. Wrestling could use more plunder.

Jesus. Staple guns are pretty barbaric.

This is such a wild match with someone who can work at the level Eddie can working with a 47-year-old using trash cans and staple guns.

NICE chairs spot.

It's rare to see fire in 2018 with building codes and the like.

Nice work.

- Post-match:
I'm REALLY glad they're not making this a longer angle. I respect the hell out of Dreamer but the business has passed him by as a wrestler.

- Sydal vs. Cage:
I love the contrast here.

Cage is definitely a machine.

Sydal has grown a lot from his Evan Bourne days.

Sydal looks like a credible challenge to Cage.

This is impressive!

Sydal is absolutely game here. He could be a bigger player at some point.

Nice drill claw counters.

OUCH that missed SSP.

Pretty solid!!

- Su vs. Rayne:
Su has definitely brought a different element to things.

I'd be pretty upset too if I had to see myself in a coffin.

Nice fire from Madison.

Su's getting a lot of help here.

Wow. Madison definitely put up a fight. Crazy to see the mandible claw sold like a real thing in 2018.

- Post-match:
Well this is going to lead to a lot of BURIED gifs.

- LAX promo:
This has been put together quite well.

- LAX vs. OGz:
I'm ready for this one to be insane.

I loved LAX"s entrance.

Oh this is already what I wanted it to be. I've really missed the original LAX.

This is fun! Homicide and Hernandez work together well.

Hernandez is in beast mode as always.

So many tables!!

Cool to see Konnan involved.

Pretty badass. I hope this isn't the end of the OGz. They really added something fresh here.

- Post-match:
YYYYEESSSSSSSSS. I want to see a big finale to this at BFG.

- Penta vs. Sami:
I'm enjoying this.

Penta definitely comes across as a big deal.

I like the intensity here.

God DAMN those spikes.

OH MY GOD this is brutal.

I liked the punching in chairs spots.

Wow, Penta's on a roll, but that ref's out.

That was badass!!

- Post-match:
I'm glad Sami had to go through with it.

- BFG announcement:
That's a nice change of pace. It's a decent-sized venue, it's fresh, and might actually have a gate.

- Aries vs. Moose:
I fully expect Curtis to get involved here.

Basic start, somewhat surprisingly.

Yeah, this isn't living up to the two matches that preceded it thus far.

Now this is picking up.

Aries is carrying this one. He's a super athlete.

NICE spear counter. That was badass.

Damn. Aries is working circles around him.

Haha Moose can't get much going with the master strategist in there.

NICE press slam.

OUCH that missed tope.

Aries is shining in this one.

This has been a lot of fun.

Woowwwwwwwww. This definitely is the Austin Aries show now, huh? He worked hard, but I'm curious where both men go next.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment