Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Smackdown Live and 205 Live Reax - 7/3/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's SDL and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- Hell No/Usos/Paige:
Hell No was one of WWE's real successes in the comedy department.

I like Kane's motivation to return.

I love the trip down memory lane and not ignoring their issues.

I'm cracking up. This is fun.

The Usos have a point.

Interesting stipulation. I like that Paige isn't just going to throw out Hell No's title shot.

- Jeff promo:
That was pretty kooky.

- Asuka interview:
I'm glad she's ready to kick some ass.

- Jeff vs. Miz:
I'm all for Miz winning the U.S. Title again.

Fine work so far.

Miz is underrated. He's pretty smooth here.

I like how these two work together.

Nice counters here.

I would have popped for Miz winning with his feet on the ropes there.

Good work. Miz was protected in the loss.

- Ellsworth promo:
James is getting a TJP social media gimmick??

- New Day contest:
I was expecting this to just be a goofy segment. I'm glad SAnitY is getting to make a statement.

Nice work. This should be a solid feud.

- Asuka vs. Ellsworth:
Ha.

Yeah, James is outclassed here.

Yeaahhh….. not what it could have been.

- Post-match:
Pretty straightforward to build to Extreme Rules.

- More Hell No:
I love the self-awareness here.

Good times.

- U.S. Title match official:
Well these goes my theory Shinsuke was missing Extreme Rules!! It might be time for a title switch if Jeff's not 100%. Nakamura needs a rebound.

- AJ/Rusev Day:
GOD I hate the "house AJ built" line. The house was built a LONG time before AJ was in WWE.

I'd be fine with Rusev taking the title, but AJ vs. Joe at Summerslam is presumably on deck to pacify the Roman haters.

- AJ vs. Aiden:
Yeah, I'm not buying English having a chance against AJ.

OK enough.

- Post-match:
Still kind of a stretch given where Rusev and AJ were on the card before this month, but I'm glad Rusev is getting a shot at the title.

- Peyton promo:
Yeah, I don't see that happening.

- Carmellsworth/Paige:
Oh, yeah, Ellsworth is in trouble next week.

- Becky vs. Peyton:
It's pretty bad if the IIconics can't beat Becky despite this many distractions.

Mostly good. The IIconics and Absolution are pretty much ineffective now, though.

- Shinsuke promo:
I'm curious how the match will go given each man's status right now.

- Hell No vs. Usos:
Fun start.

It's so good to see Bryan back in full form.

I hope we do see Mayor Kane in action at some point.

Pretty solid work. Kane was used well.

- Post-match:
I'm actually more excited for this than AJ vs. Rusev, although I'm sure that will be good, and I'm glad to see Rusev get the nod.

-- 205 Live:
- Cedric/Itami next week:
I'm down. I'm a little surprised 205 Live has completely disappeared from PPVs, but it makes sense for them to push the show itself.

- TJP/Noam:
I love this take on TJP.

Ohohoho great payoff.

- TJP vs. Noam:
DAMN. TJP got WRECKED. Where does he go from here??

- Murphy promo:
I've definitely loved his reinvention. Part of me wants to see him work with Alexa at some point, but I don't know how high up the card he can get on Raw or SDL.

- TJP leaves:
I wonder if there's another step here, with TJP moving to NXT or something.

- Tozawa squash:
This guy's already lasted longer than TJP!

Fun enough.

- Post-match:
Nice to see a good cocky heel on the show again.

Pretty solid.

- Mustafa promo:
Good work. Different from the normal babyface promo.

- Cedric promo:
Wow. I'm liking the less-generic verbiage.

- Murphy vs. Ali:
I LOVE Mustafa getting the jump on Buddy. Babyfaces shouldn't have to be victims all the time.

Oh this is already badass.

The power game coming into play now.

Damn! This is impressive.

There's a good story going on here.

Murphy's calculated here. I like it.

Buddy better not get cocky here.

I really like Mustafa's drive here.

OOOOHHHHHH that dropkick.

I love the aggression here.

I'm glad Murphy didn't give the crowd tables.

NICE superplex spot.

MY GOD WHAT A SPANISH FLY.

This is really badass.

Really, really good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment