Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Raw Reax - 7/16/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Angle/Heyman et al:
Man. I feel like they've been doing the disrespectful part-time champion thing for a long time.

Kurt should hold Heyman in contempt!

Heyman had me going with that "Brock loves being champion" nonsense. The payoff was good.

Heyman should be fine with Brock defending at Summerslam given so many successful title defenses.

I'm all for Lashley vs. Lesnar.

Ooooh. Good to see Drew in the mix.

I'm glad so many people want the title.

I mean, at some point they're going to have to cut this off before guys like Tyler Breeze are challenging Brock.

I was worried we were going to get a straight-up tag team match.

- Corbin/Angle:
Well, Corbin, why didn't you run out there? Angle was willing to hand out title opportunities!

- Drew vs. Finn vs. Roman:
This is already good.

It's so good to see McIntyre as a real threat.

This is pretty good. Finn and Drew can go.

I'm really impressed here.

Everyone feels like a challenger here.

Pretty badass!

- Angle/Bayley:
I really wish we would have gotten Sasha, Bayley, and Hell No together, but there wasn't any reason to do it.

Geez, if they can't beat Dana and Alicia, something's wrong.

I'm fine with one or the other getting to do something fresh on SDL, and, importantly, get a way from the other one.

- Dolph/Roode:
Everything's about Dolph having the best match. That's why he's never made it as a top guy.

Good promo to start.

I hope Dolph doesn't follow up that big win with a loss here....

- Dolph vs. Roode:
Already really smooth.

This is fine enough.

OK, the double tights grab spot was funny.

Mostly fun, but it's still hard to buy the superkick as a finisher.

- Lashley promo:
That would certainly be fresh.

- Roode/Mojo:
Man. Bobby's already down to Mojo's level??

- Mojo vs. Breeze:
Fun little sprint.

It's insane to think this got on TV while the Authors of Pain are on Main Event.

- Bayley/Sasha vs. Alicia/Dana:
Fox and Brooke are like the extras of the division.

Ehhhhhh.

- Post-match:
I feel like they've been going on and off with this feud for quite some time.

- Braun interview:
It wouldn't shock me if Brock either beat the No. 1 contender before a Braun cash-in or they recreated WM31 with Braun pinning the No. 1 contender.

- B-Team vs. Ascension:
Whoa! The Ascension are on TV, too????
Fine enough for the time it had.

- Deleters:
I really hope they don't get the title right back. I'd be good with a wacky Hardy Compound match, though.

- Alexa/Mickie/Ronda:
I love Alexa's viewpoint.

Wow. Come on, security.

Ronda's a force of nature. I like it.

Can Angle tap Corbin out and send him to Impact or something already?

That will be big at Summerslam.

- Rollins interview:
Fine work.

- Authors vs. Titus/Crews:
I'd love to know the last time all three members of TWW were in action on one episode of Raw.

Damn. The B-Team better hope these guys disappear from TV again.

- Ember vs. Logan:
This isn't bad.

Nice aggression here.

Moon's solid against two women.

WWWHHHOOOAAAAAAAAA not the way to end Ember's streak. They should have saved it for Ruby at least.

- Lashley vs. Seth vs. Elias:I liked Elias taking advantage there.

This is a fun combination of workers.

Elias beating these two would be big.

Rollins is a house of fire right after the Iron Man match.

Crazy to see Lashley being a victim of the buckle bomb.

This is pretty impressive.

Nice work overall!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment