Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Angle/Foley interviews, former WWE stars returning?, another WWE GM, Raw audience, more time off for Mysterio, and Questions on HBK vs. Lesnar, Vince as booker, and The Shield

Kurt Angle talked about his future. I think he'd be good in a backstage role once he hangs up the boots. His future will be interesting to follow, because it seems like he's going to keep going at a high level forever. He's a machine. I hope there are more like him in the years and decades to come.

Mick Foley was also interviewed. RIGHT THERE, on the Nerdist podcast.

MVP has ended his run with NJPW to focus on a TV show. He has stated that he will return to wrestling, with WWE and TNA being possibilities. I think he'd be a good addition to either roster. Both companies should be in touch with him!

WWE will make a GM for Saturday Morning Slam, because they love having GMs. It's a 30-minute show that already has a lot of video packages. Do we really have time for a GM? That said, there are ways they can use a GM effectively to set up matches and angles. Zack Ryder, Santino Marella, David Otunga, and William Regal would all be good choices in my mind. I can see them wanting to do Hornswoggle since it's a youth-centric show.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Shelton Benjamin and Low Ki/Senshi/Kaval have been removed from the NJPW roster page. Some are speculating that one or both could end up in WWE. As with MVP above, both companies should be making offers for these guys. They've got the talent and experience to make a mark.

Raw's audience averaged 4.71 million. Not bad at all.

Rey Mysterio has been pulled off of Raw events leading up to WrestleMania. He's said to be dealing with a family situation, and out of respect to him the sources don't go further than that. I don't know what he's going through, so I'm not going to say he should or shouldn't take time off. The fact that he could be missing the biggest payday of the year, to me, says that this is serious. I hope things turn out well for him.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
Nothing to add to 1.

2. I think we're more likely to get Rock vs. Lesnar. As great as HBK vs. Lesnar would be, I don't see him going back on his word about retiring. Don't get your hopes up.

3. That's really the problem! Sometimes they're booking for him more than the audience. He can be difficult to work with (ask all those writers who only lasted a few years).

Nothing to really add to 4.

5. I'm high on all three, but each for different reasons. Ambrose has the intangibles (mic skills, etc.), Rollins is the flashy "Jeff Hardy" of the group and Reigns is the Batista-like powerhouse. It's still pretty early in their on-screen careers, but I think WWE can do good things with them. It's not going to be easy to keep their momentum going and I think inevitably they're going to be moved down the card or something, but I think they'll at least be regular parts of the show.

More wrestling tomorrow and hopefully a Blue Echo podcast covering everything from Monday and yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment