Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Main Event Reax - 2/13/13, post-Smackdown dark match, NXT move update, Interview with Henry/Angle/Brisco/former WWE writer/Matt Hardy+Helms/Dreamer, Sorensen update, and Questions on Brock as champion, Taker, PPVs, and Bret/HHH

Main Event:
I mostly liked the opening segment since it focused on the World Championship. That should be a big goal for superstars to get in their career. I'm not crazy about Jericho making fun of Big E if he doesn't get to look like a big force. The last thing WWE needs is another big guy who isn't credible. He got a big debut. They should keep up his momentum.

Del Rio vs. Ziggler was a thing of beauty. Both guys have earned accolades in the company. They're ready to be featured.

I liked Heyman's promo. One of my favorite all-time talkers.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

After Smackdown, Alberto Del Rio defeated Big Show via submission. Hopefully that's a preview for Sunday.

It's likely that all of WWE's developmental facilities will be moved to Orlando by September if not sooner. Orlando is where the NXT show is taped.

Mark Henry was interviewed.

It's been a full year since Jesse Sorensen's injury. He's unsure about an in-ring return. He definitely had heart, so I wouldn't mind him coming back.

Kurt Angle talked about how long he will continue to wrestle and the IOC's decision to drop wrestling from the Olympics in 2020. It's amazing that he can still go at such a high level and plans to continue doing so.

Gerald Brisco also talked about the IOC decision.

A former WWE writer discussed his tenure and working with Vince McMahon. Here are some highlights. I can only wonder how the product would be if Vince didn't change his mind so much. Sometimes I'm sure there's good reason, but a lot of times there's a question of why he's doing what he's doing.

Here's a preview of an interview with Matt Hardy and Shane/Gregory Helms. Some interesting comments. They seem like they know what they're talking about.

Tommy Dreamer was also interviewed. Here's a preview.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I see that theory, but I think the bottom line is that Brock's a big star without the title and giving it to him deprives weekly TV, live events, and some PPVs of the WWE Champion. I don't know if that's worth the risk.

2. As they said, Taker's only going to work Mania if he can "go" at a good enough level. I can respect that (and wish some others felt the same way). Hopefully if he does make the card he's impressive.

3. That'd be pretty cool! I just don't have faith that they could keep the Shield as big enough threats for that long. I definitely think that if he appears it needs to set up a future feud. And, yes, when he retires, I'd definitely like to see Paul Bearer involved. Kane and any members of the Ministry would be nice as well.

4. I'm not a big fan of the over-reliance on gimmick matches, either. Matches like Hell in a Cell should really man something. I'm fine with MITB being so important that it's the name of a PPV and the Elimination Chamber's a good set-up for Mania, however.

5. Don't expect a Bret/HHH feud. Honestly I don't know how well that would go over in 2013. It definitely wouldn't be as good of a match as it would have been in the Attitude Era.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment