Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Raw Reax - 2/18/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I mostly liked the opening segment. Interesting that they're doing Punk vs. Cena on TV since it's headlined PPVs. Could this be a setup for a triple threat at Mania?

Nice segment with Sheamus, Ryback, and Jericho.

As much as I like Mark Henry, I was a bit disappointed to see him squash Sin Cara. Remember when Cara was a big deal? I kind of wish they'd get behind him again.

Henry vs. Khali won't be pretty, but if it means Khali eats a World's Strongest Slam, I guess I'm ok with it.

Cesaro vs. Miz was pretty good. I'm glad Miz got to look credible. I just don't like Cesaro tapping out.

Nice video for Zeb. I can see some fans eating that up.

Not a bad segment between Hell No and Orton. I'm intrigued by Kane vs. Bryan down the line.

Interesting segment between Vickie and Heyman since they were palling around a few weeks ago.

Del Rio vs. Ziggler was pretty good, but Ziggler continues to look like a non-threat in the World Title picture.  They're shooting themselves in the foot with these stop/start pushes. Ziggler has the goods. He should be protected better than this.

Clever post-match. It will be interesting to see where Ziggler and Big E fit in the Mania picture.

Kind of a weird segment with Sheamus and Barrett, but I see why they did it. Like it or not, WWE has a Films division.

So-so six-person tag. I'd like to see Naomi get a bigger role in WWE. Other than that, the match felt like filler.

I really liked Coulter's promo. He's a completely believable character in 2013's political climate. And a hell of a talker to boot.

Pretty good match between Swagger and Bryan. Both guys have futures. Hopefully Bryan rebounds from the tap out.

I like that Maddox is back on TV. Heyman vs. Vince will be a spectacle for sure. I can see it getting some attention.

Nice 6-man tag. They did a pretty good job making The Shield look credible. Everyone had their working boots on. I'm optimistic about The Shield's future.

I guess we're in for Rhodes Scholars vs. Truth and Kofi? Might be cool. I hope Rhodes, Sandow, and Kofi are positioned well in the months to come. All three could be in the MITB picture if they're treated right.

Orton vs. Kane was fine. I'm glad Bryan was involved, because Kane winning and him losing would define Kane as "better" than Bryan. Bryan should look like he's in Kane's league.

Pretty nice ending segment. I hope we are in for Rock vs. Cena vs. Punk. I'm fine with the new title.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment