Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 2/22/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Pretty good, logical opening segment between Orton and Del Rio. Del Rio in particular had a good promo. I hope they do good things with him in the months to come.

Sandow's a really good talker.

Sheamus vs. Sandow was pretty solid. Sandow seems to really be growing in the ring. I'm not upset that he lost clean since he had a pretty good showing. As long as they follow up well, he'll be fine.

Nice Divas' tag match, even though it started off silly. I think the Divas want to impress.

I think it might be a little soon to do Kaitlyn vs. Layla. Layla works fine as a face. I definitely think she has good heel work in her, though, based on her previous work, so maybe this will be a good thing?

Nice segment with Wade, Swagger, and Colter. Colter's just pure heel. That's refreshing and the gimmick is completely believable.

Pretty solid match between Orton and Swagger. I think it would have been cool if Swagger made Orton tap, but the fact the won is good enough for me. Of course, this was taped before his arrest so I don't see him keeping this momentum.

Silly stuff from Rhodes. I hope they're not going to make a whole gimmick about him having a mustache. He's more talented than that.

Miz vs. Cody was pretty solid. I don't like Cody tapping out, though. It hurts his momentum. He's really fallen from when he was Intercontinental Champion.

Pretty solid main event between two hungry talents who could very well still not be in their primes. Barrett had a fair enough showing that tapping out doesn't hurt him too much, but I hope they have good follow-up (i.e. not losing to Bo Dallas again).

Good stare-down to close the show. Del Rio vs. Swagger could end up being pretty solid if Swagger survives his arrest.

More wrestling coming up, including our Blue Echo podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment