Total Pageviews

Friday, February 22, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/21/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's offerings from WWE and TNA.

Superstars:
Sin Cara and Drew McIntyre played off of each other pretty well. Both guys are showing some good potential.

Not a bad Divas' match. It's good to see Naomi and Cameron get some ring time. This was another step in rebuilding the Divas' division. That said, they've still got some work to do. They need to build these characters up as people who aren't just extras.

Impact Wrestling:
I'll spare you the Hogan impression. I'm so tired of that guy. At any rate, Bully Ray as #1 Contender's an interesting choice given that the champion is a popular babyface. Maybe he WILL turn heel and be the leader of Aces and Eights. As for the main event, it'll be interesting to see how they use Hogan and Sting. I have a suspicion that Hogan won't end up wrestling since they usually heavily promote his in-ring actions.

Not a bad segment with the tag team heels. Daniels and Kazarian continue to feel like a comedy tag team.

I liked the 8-man tag. Aries and Roode continued to be solid characters. And I'm always down for Kazarian and Daniels losing.

I was hoping for more from Spud vs. Robbie E. I hope Spud's got more tricks up his sleeve than that. Not a bad debut though, all things considered.

The Robbies storyline is pretty interesting. I hope T can impress in the ring now beyond a few basic power moves.

Pretty damned solid Knockouts' Title match. All four ladies really delivered. I'm impressed.

Fine segment with Bully and Sting.

I'm really glad that Garett didn't beat Joe clean. Joe was really impressive there. I'd like to see him get a bigger push. At any rate, I'm glad that Garett didn't take a pinfall loss there and hurt his momentum.

Nice Angle promo. He can really be intense.

RVD vs. King was pretty good. I wonder where they're going with the X-Division Title at Lockdown, since they've pretty much gotten all they can get out of this feud.

Meh. Hogans segment. I hope it draws, because I'd be totally fine with no Hogans on my TV.

Fine Jeff Hardy video.

Kind of a clustermess main event, but it did its job of continuing the storyline. I'm intrigued at where they're going.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment