Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

Honor at live event, Swagger update, Tough Enough competitor in Gut Check, and Questions on being smart, being edgy, Stone Cold, and Swagger

On yesterday's live event in College Station, TX, WWE presented former University of Houston football coach Kevin Sumlin with an honorary WWE Championship belt. Fine stunt to get people to come out.

Jack Swagger did work this weekend's Smackdown live events, defeating Sin Cara. I think his future is sitll somewhat in the air.

Tough Enough's Ivelisse Velez, known in NXT as Sofia Cortez, will be a part of an upcoming TNA Gut Check. I wish her the best. I liked her on Tough Enough.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. While I do think some people do it just to be smart, I wouldn't apply that to everyone who does things like that. I don't mind it too much since it's fairly rare.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

2 is specifically for them, so there's nothing to say.

3. I definitely see the complaint here! While I understand that people want something in-between too saccharine and too edgy, there's a LOT of complaining no matter what WWE does. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if Cena turned heel and people complained that they "didn't do it right" or something. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE writes off a lot of internet fan opinion since it is largely negative and ungrateful.

4. That would of course only apply IF Rock looked bad when he came back in the ring. I don't necessarily think we'd see the Stone Cold of old, but I think he could do well enough with the right opponent.

5. In this question: more smark complaining. At any rate, it looks like Swagger might come out relatively unscathed. He might should thank those right-wing pundits who were bashing his character for keeping his push alive!

More wrestling tomorrow, and a podcast (or two?) at Blue Echo should be up later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment