Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Funk at Mania, nixed Mania match, ESPN covers Sammartino induction, Smackdown audience, Reaction is back, Interview with Jim Johnston, and Questions on elevating Ziggler, ending the Streak, The Shield, The Rock, and Sting

Terry Funk will be a part of WrestleMania weekend, likely inducting Mick Foley into the WWE Hall of Fame. That will be amazing.

There was talk of doing a Money In The Bank match at Mania, but no more. Ziggler still has his briefcase! Wait until the PPV in July.

ESPN covered Bruno Sammartino going into the WWE Hall of Fame, which is truly a historic moment. Triple H is really making waves behind-the-scenes. My hat's off to him for everything he's done so far. This is a big feather in his cap.

Smackdown did 2.97 million viewers. Not bad.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

TNA is bringing back its Reaction series to YouTube later in the month. While some online fans liked it, it didn't do well in the ratings. It's been really overrated.

WWE.com talked to composer Jim Johnston, who is hopefully a future Hall of Famer. I like his philosophy. Some good memories with some of those themes, too. Some of them fit really well.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I like the idea of Ziggler holding both titles more than I did the first time I heard it, but I don't think he's been built up well enough for it to seem like he's that good. I'll stick with him cashing in sometime after Mania.

2. It's such a historic thing that I don't know if they should mess with it. It'd be huge for whoever beats him but I don't know if they should pull the trigger on it. Taker's a Hall of Fame guy regardless, so it's not like it would kill his credibility. It's tough!

3. Ryback's already been beaten, so I don't think it'd have as much effect. I don't think I'd have a huge problem with three guys beating him. I hope both The Shield and Ryback are big deals in 2013.

4. I don't think it's really believable for him to be a full-time guy these days. I think it's more of a matter of "the part-time guys are portrayed as being better than the full-time guys". And I think there's still heat from him leaving and disowning the Rock persona. I see why he did it, but I can see how wrestling fans would feel slighted that one of the top draws of all time distances himself from what made him famous.

5. It certainly wouldn't be the first time Sting was bamboozled. I really hope Bully Ray isn't leading Aces and Eights. It feels like such a silly swerve since they attacked him, too.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment