Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Saturday Morning Slam Reax - 2/23/13, Interviews with Jericho/JR/D'Lo, Hall update, Undertaker returns, and Questions on suspending Swagger, Cena, Cajun Country, Molly Holly, and the Blossom Twins

Saturday Morning Slam:
I like that they had a video package to set the match up. That's missing on Raw, Superstars, and Smackdown.

I don't think this one was in any doubt. Jey put forth good effort in the loss. Swagger was an absolute machine here.

Kaitlyn vs. Natalya was very impressive. Hats off to both ladies for bringing some solid wrestling. I hope someone in the back was taking notice. I think you've got the ingredients for a pretty good Divas division.

I liked the post-match, though I think Natalya makes a good heel.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Chris Jericho talked on AfterBuzz TV.  Here are some highlights. He's very much still got "it" in both the charisma and in-ring departments and I think he could pass on a lot to the stars of today in improving. Bo Dallas, take notes. I like that he does work live events. He certainly doesn't have to as other part-timers have shown. And I'm glad he beat Orton in that Raw poll. And for keeping his look and act fresh, I really appreciate that. Some people hold on to the same tired act for years.
Whoa, how did this get here?
Scott Hall had a chat with Jake "The Snake" Roberts. I hope both guys can stay on the right path. Lots of respect for DDP for taking them under his wing.

Jim Ross talked about The Undertaker's status and Sid Vicious not delivering. I like Taker's attitude about having good matches. Great shot at Hogan.

D'Lo Brown talked about a number of TNA topics. I like his honesty about the people from Gut Check.

The Undertaker made his WWE return at a live event in Texas, teaming with Sheamus to defeat Wade Barrett and Damien Sandow. Get those WrestleMania rumors flying! I hope he shows up and delivers. Expectations are high for the legendary star.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. WWE does things like this on a case-by-case basis. Every situation is different. They're in a tough situation with where Swagger is on the card right now and the kind of attention his angle is getting. I think it might be worth keeping him in the Title picture, though they do need to send some kind of message that it's not acceptable to do the things he did.

2. Pretty much that. I guess. Hip hop's really not something I know a lot about.

3. I guess that could be it. I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just a nickname for the area.

4. Yeah, I think the whole point was for her to look ridiculous. And it built intrigue for ultimately her being de-wigged and seeing her bald. They did something similar with Kurt Angle, which was pretty entertaining.

5. I've only seen a little bit of them. They were ok from what I've seen. TNA had T-shirts for everyone in British Bootcamp. I don't know what their contract status is, but TNA did make use of them when they were in the UK and at least at one point they were in OVW so maybe they do pop up down the line.

More wrestling tomorrow. Be sure to tune in to our podcast on Blue Echo!

No comments:

Post a Comment