Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Interview with the Young Bucks, backstage note on Elimination Chamber, Rock at WM30, no Jericho next week, and Questions on Coulter, the PG era, Fandango, and bad promos

The Young Bucks, known in TNA as Generation Me, were interviewed. They came across as kind of arrogant here. I didn't really care for them in their last TNA run. I can definitely see the "spot monkey" criticism from then. I don't think Booker T. would intentionally sabotage their careers.

WWE management was happy with the Elimination Chamber PPV. I thought it was a pretty good show.

Paul Heyman tweeted that The Rock will be at WrestleMania 30. Rock vs. Brock please!

Chris Jericho will be touring with Fozzy in Australia next week, so don't expect him to be wrestling at Raw or Smackdown. He's always a good addition to the show. He'll be missed.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
Nothing to add to 1.

2. The first name is a nod to his old run as Uncle Zebekiah. As for ratings, they've certainly pulled some crazy things out to get them up before. Vince giving away money comes to mind.

3. I have to agree with Dave here. Vince has a kooky sense of humor and what fans want and will stick to it because few people challenge him.

4. Yes, Fandango's the real deal. It will be interesting to see how he fairs in the gimmick. I think he can pull it off. He's an oddball like that. And yes, the gimmick is ultra-conservative. Heels aren't supposed to be role models. We should hate them and what they stand for. I do think there are some similarities to Cesaro. I don't know if they'll feud, though. I don't know if they should. They work well separately.

5. My theory is that they're throwing a bone to the people (kids?) who like that kind of thing. I also don't really see how it sells PPVs. Always keep in mind that to them, it's sports-entertainment so comedy segments and promos are fair game.

More wrestling tomorrow, and our podcast will hopefully be up today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment