Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 2/15/13

Read on for my thoughts on Superstars and Smackdown.

Superstars:
I liked Titus' promo. Is this is a sign that they're testing him out for a singles role?

I liked Gabriel vs. Titus. Both guys are coming along well. It's a shame neither are doing anything of substance.

Nice Divas match. I'm ready for Kaitlyn to have a full-out feud with a challenger. I don't like when they just throw matches out with no backstory.

Smackdown:
Pretty good opening segment. Jericho and Show are two pretty credible guys. I like that it didn't descend into dumb jokes and put-downs.

I liked the staredown between Orton and Henry. Another big match.

Pretty good match between Orton and Henry. They told a nice story. Two veterans of their craft.

Nice post-match. Henry looks like a BEAST. Del Rio vs. Henry would really be awesome.

Damned solid promo from Henry. He's one of my favorites right now.

Tamina vs. Layla was a nice preview for Sunday. I wish there was more back story to the Divas Title feud because I think Kaitlyn and Tamina could really tear it up if they had an issue.

I liked the intensity of Punk and Rock. They really brought it on the mic and Rock thankfully stayed away from the jokes.

Not a bad tag match aside from the dancing. Does anyone take either of these teams seriously?

Nice post-match attack and promo. I hope The Shield don't get lost in the Mania shuffle and just become fodder to the faces.

Miz vs. Cody was pretty nice. Where was Cesaro? At any rate, both guys showed that they're willing to put in effort and I hope Management appreciated that.

Swagger's just nasty in the ring. I'd love to see him be a super-intense wrestler in the Angle/Benoit/Lesnar vein. Ryder did nice work as always, too.

Good promo by Zeb. I'm liking this pairing so far. Hopefully Swagger eventually gets back in the title picture.

Kind of a silly segment between Del Rio and Ricardo, but I'm not really complaining. Sunday could be a big moment for the Champion.

Show vs. Jericho was pretty nice. I think Jericho could have a solid match with just about anyone. It makes sense that Show would be booked strong going into his title match. Jericho can rebound.

Fine staredown to end the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment