Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Interviews with Fandango's Sue/Park/Flairs/Big E/Orton, AL regulates wrestling, Santana's other job, HHH dream matches, Punk's early days, a new WWE signing, and Questions on WCW/ECW surviving, Crimson's streak, Knockouts at Slammiversary, and "Where are they now?"

The former "Sue" who danced with Fandango before Summer Rae was interviewed. I liked her.

In today's "can't tell if trolling" news, the Alabama Athletic Commission is regulating pro wrestling. Some of this is pretty silly.

WWF Hall of Famer Tito Santana's job as a middle school teacher was profiled. Feels like a slow news day...

Joseph Park was interviewed to promote the Destination X episode of Impact. As good as this character is for interviews and stuff, I hope they don't get rid of him any time soon.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

The Flair family commented on Reid's autopsy. That's hard to read. I can't imagine losing someone like that.

Big E Langston talked ahead of wrestling in his hometown. I still have high hopes for him.

Randy Orton was also interviewed. He's done a LOT of interviews lately because of his movie coming out.

Triple H says that he'd love to wrestle The Rock again, and wishes he would have competed with Rey Mysterio. HHH vs. Rock was always a good match. I think HHH vs. Rey could be pretty solid, too. I know it's popular to say that HHH only got where he got because of his marriage and that he's overrated, but I think there are few performers who can match his level of ring psychology.

The Chicago Tribune looked at C.M. Punk's early days as a wrestler. Interesting stuff.

WWE has signed Northeastern indie star Dan Eckos to a developmental deal. NXT's getting pretty stacked, no? Cagematch says that he's 25 and has 11 years of experience. He's been wrestling professionally since he was 14!? Isn't that a little dangerous? Eckos is pushed as the brother of TNA's Robbie E, but I don't think that they're actually related.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. There you go. I have a hard time buying Lance Storm in WCW as a top guy, but who knows? WWE.com had a look at what would have happened had ECW survived.

2. He lost to James Storm to end his undefeated streak. But, yeah, it is interesting that they had Crimson lose to Joseph Park of all people. I'm very entertained by Park, but I think Crimson's got some good potential if they take him seriously.

Nothing to add to 3. I had the same question going into the show. It makes sense in hindsight. I can't complain too much.

As for 4 and 5, I have no idea!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment