Total Pageviews

Friday, June 21, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/20/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Young vs. R-Truth was nice, though as always I doubt it will have any consequences for either performer going forward. Young's always been good in the ring and he showed some good personality here. That said, I don't see PTP getting anywhere near the Tag Titles anytime soon unless they turn face (and maybe not even then). Truth still has "it" and is a valuable veteran performer.

Fine Divas' match as well. Everyone showed that they're not just "pretty faces". I hope we get a Layla vs. AJ feud at some point.

Impact Wrestling:
Pretty crazy opening segment, but I like how it set up the importance of the BFG Series and specifically Roode vs. Hardy.

Anderson vs. Park was fine. I wouldn't mind Anderson taking the TV Title from Abyss (after Abyss has a decent-sized reign, of course).

Fine Aces and Eights segment.

Nice guts from Bradley to challenge the former Champ.

Fine match between Bradley and Aries. Bradley's certainly growing as a competitor, and Aries is a gem for the company.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the MEM coming back. It all depends on who's in it and how it's used. If it's all over-the-hill guys and they take the focus off of the talented guys in their primes (like last time), I'm not going to be a fan.

Nice segment with the former Tag Team Champs. Will Hernandez FINALLY break out as a singles star? I doubt it, but we'll see.

Well that was kind of quick. So much for a Hernandez push (for now). I don't see Daniels winning the whole Series. I know a lot of people have hopes that he'll be a future World Champion, but I don't see him being the big star that people are hoping for.

>yfw the new MEM is just Sting and Hogan and they destroy Aces and Eights by themselves.

Entertaining promo by Kazarian. Where the HELL has this guy been all these years? 11-year overnight sensation. Maybe there's hope for guys like JTG and Curt Hawkins after all if they stick with it.

Fine match between Kazarian and Magnus. I go on and on about WWE's talented younger stars, but TNA has some good workers coming through the ranks as well.

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, BROTHER. And, yeah yeah yeah, we've seen it a billion times. Does anyone else want to see Team 3D put Hogan through a table and write him off permanently?

They finally vacated the Knockouts Tag Team Titles! Maybe there is a God! All in all, a solid segment. I'm glad that they used Brooke to put over things involving the actual wrestlers. I don't get why Gail gets a match but not Taryn, but maybe they'll explain it later.

Cool. No more Brooke tonight. I hope.

That's got to be the best promo I can ever remember from AJ Styles. They took one of the blandest characters I have EVER seen and made him interesting. That takes talent.

I wasn't aware that the matches had time limits, but apparently this has been the case all along? Anyway, the match was pretty damn solid. We've seen it a number of times, but another big AJ/Joe match would be pretty cool by me.

Bully/Hogan stuff... Pass. The sooner we get away from that angle, the better.

Roode vs. Hardy was pretty solid. Short, but solid. Roode's another "keeper" and Hardy still has something left on his bump card.

Oh... there's... more? Ok...

Not really crazy about Angle and Sting taking out ALL OF ACES AND EIGHTS (unless there are other members who helped them and they didn't talk about that), but I guess the babyfaces have to have their hope spots, right? I would rather have them be trapped in the clubhouse by a forklift or something, but that's me.

All in all, a pretty good show. It's just kind of a shame that the focus seems to always be on the guys who were "names" before TNA: Hogan, Angle, Sting, Hardy, and Team 3D.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment