Total Pageviews

Friday, June 14, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/13/13

Read on for my take on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
That certainly wasn't the best I've seen from Titus, but he was serviceable. Titus is fine for a tag team "power guy" who doesn't need to be anything more, but I have more faith in Big E as far as becoming a "breakout star". Tensai is also fine for his space on the card. I don't think anyone expects him to be a big player in the company at 40.

It's nice that we got a look back at Bryan vs. Rollins. It feels like slowly but surely we're getting to see the "new generation" come out.

Ryder vs. Slater was a little better than I anticipated, given how little both guys are put in "serious matches". Props to both men. Since both men are under 30, the best could very well still be years to come.

Not a ton of wrestling on this show, but since it's only 3 days until Payback, that should be their focus.

Impact Wrestling:
Pretty good opening segment. I don't like Hogan, but it makes sense to use him to move stories along. At any rate, I like how they set up some big things for the show and next week.

Funny Bad Influence promo. I think I'm officially a fan of them now.

Nice opening tag match. They really know what to do with Gunner. He's not a "5-star match" technical worker, high-flyer, etc.. He's just a straight-up fighter. So they just have him show up and fight. Storm's such a good talker (and worker) that he can cover for him. I'm a little surprised that the heels won, but I'm willing to see what TNA does with them. It didn't hurt Beer Gunner(s?) to lose in that fashion. Please make that their official name, TNA.

I remember Crimson. He's been a pretty regular part of OVW if I'm not mistaken. Another big "hoss". He reminds me a bit of Batista. I think you need some straight-up asskickers who don't have to show off a bunch of cool moves, etc. as much as you need a little bit of everyone else.

I'm guessing Velvet's going to reveal that she has a Knockouts Title match? I'm down with this storyline, even though I'm not a big Velvet fan.

Nice Crimson promo. He doesn't need to talk for 10 minutes to get across that he's back and wants to kick some ass.

That was a little disappointing. I like Joseph Park and like that he's in the BFG Series, but I want to see Crimson run some fools over. He's impressive.

I liked the post-match. "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" were totally shown there. I think it's important to get over that matches MATTER. In WWE, a lot of them feel like they don't (especially on Main Event, Superstars, and SMS).

BADASS segment between Mickie and Velvet. Reminds me a bit of AJ vs. Kaitlyn (in a good way. I don't think they're "ripping it off" or anything). I certainly care about the Title more with Mickie as Champ than Velvet. Velvet's such a bland character to me.

Maybe since I can't have Crimson play wrecking ball, Matt Morgan will come through.

FFFFF.... I think Magnus is very talented, but I have a spot in my heart for Morgan taking out fools left and right with the Carbon Footprint. I wish he would take out Hogan. Anyway, that was a pretty good match.

Not really crazy about Young's segment. I think his character's really gone as far as it can as far as comedy goes.

A new Main Event Mafia... don't know if want. But, maybe they use it to elevate some new stars. Samoa Joe? Abyss? AJ Styles? All three are former World Champions, and would fit the motif. Booker's in WWE and Steiner blew up his bridge, so I don't see either of them coming back. Nash is possible, but I don't know if they'd bring him back (or even if he'd want to come back). I wouldn't mind Angle being back in the group, though.

At least they acknowledged EY's show and the KO Tag Titles.

Phew. Glad that was relatively quick and painless. I think there's a reason that Aries is where he is and Young is where he is. I wonder how far Young would get as a serious character?

Looking forward to the battle royal just to see where they go with it.

Nice Sabin promo. This is got to be the most I've been interested in Sabin as a character since before MCMG was a thing.

That was interesting. It was pretty much what I expected, though. I can't complain that Anderson won. Aces and Eights isn't exactly a collection of people I see as future main eventers.

Who else sees Rampage costing Angle his match tonight? It would be pretty cool I think.

Intriguing stuff with DOC.

That was cool. I would have liked for it to have gone longer, but it was a good match for the time they got. Very glad that Styles won, even in that way.

Nice ending! No complaints with where the story's going, though I hope Styles gets more focus in the weeks and months to come if he's going to headline BFG.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment