Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Kaitlyn "fined", Interviews with Nash/Steele/Miz, WWE Title tattoo, ECW staffer remembered, WCW's "Dog" passes, another Hogan update, Austin praises TNA, Rock family history, Flair autopsy in, Impact audience, and Questions on the WWE Network, Punk at Payback, Aksana, combining the indies, and Bo Dallas

WWE has "fined" Kaitlyn for her attack of a referee on Smackdown. Hopefully she pays it before she ends up back on TMZ. (Sorry, Kaitlyn; I had to.)

There are excerpts of Kevin Nash's recent interview with Stone Cold available. Part 1 Kevin Nash pulling out a sunset flip would have been something to see. Why the heck would a guy his size ever need to do a move like that? Anyway, I agree with protecting finishers. Kind of ironic that "finisher spam" is big in Taker's Mania matches as old-school as he is. Part 2 I'm generally pretty old-school but that's kind of funny to me. Part 3 I can't really blame him for wanting to work fewer dates for more money.

Rapper Gunplay got a tattoo on his stomach of an older design of the WWE Championship. If you have to get a tattoo, that's better than some things you can get. I don't see anyone getting that kind of tattoo of the "Spinner" belt, but who knows?

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Debbie Beaumont was remembered by those within the industry who had worked with her.

Ex-WCW star Al "The Dog" Green passed away at 58. Another star I'm not familiar with from personal experience. I also didn't know that there was another Laurinaitis brother, but that's beside the point. 58 really isn't all that old to pass away.

George "The Animal" Steele talked about his autobiography. Sounds like it would be a good read.

Here's the latest Hulk Hogan tweet about returning to the ring. Give him a couple of days. He'll be right back to wanting to get back in there with Bully. Hogan's always working someone, jack.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin put over Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles from the recent Impact. That's pretty cool.The show is generally pretty good lately.

Bret Hart was on "The Morning Show" in Canada. I rate his appearance 4/10. It wasn't innovative enough.

The Rock remembered his grandfather. That's cool.

The Miz talked about being successful in WWE. Absolutely is no one going to just "give" someone a top spot. He's great as a mouthpiece for the company. I think one day he could replace Cena as the top babyface.

Reid Flair's autopsy is in and sadly it seems he died of a heroin overdose. I can't stress enough how young 25 is to die. That's really sad.

Impact's audience this week was 1.2 million. I think the show is pretty consistently good.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. "Did you hear about that 'WrestleMania' thing Vince is planning? Who the heck is going to pay to see Mr. T wrestle? And Liberace and the Rockettes? Epic fail in the making." "Why would Vince run Survivor Series on the same night as Starrcade? No way will cable companies give in like that. LOLWWF." Etc.. I think it could work out for them. It won't be easy, but I think it just might work.

2. There you go. I believe that they could sue him for breach of contract if he wasn't hurt, but refused to wrestle.

3. That's awesome! I might have been fooled, too.

4. I think it'd be pretty cool and might just work out, but I don't know if it would ever come together. Who would be the combined promotion's World Champion? Rob Conway (NWA)? Jay Briscoe (ROH)? Eddie Kingston (CHIKARA)? Johnny Gargano (DGUSA)? AR Fox (Evolve)? Adam Cole (PWG)? Yes, I did just look up who the champions were in some of those promotions because I had no idea.

5. I actually asked this, because I'm at a loss. He's only 23 and does have a solid pedigree, so, hey, maybe he will one day surprise us all and "be someone". But he's been the top champion in developmental FOUR times (3 in FCW), more than anyone else. He's been there for 4 1/2 years. How is he still so bland!?

More wrestling tomorrow, including how I would book Payback.

No comments:

Post a Comment