Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Main Event Reax - 6/26/13, Updates on Ion/Roberts/Swagger/Steiner/Rey, top ROH act to WWE?, Interviews with Striker/ex-WWE writer/Cena Sr./Steele/Jimmy Hart, TNA promotion, Big O on Impact, Clay dancer profiled, Ryder parody, Tough Enough story, Summerslam poster, TNA announcer leaving?, and Questions on RVD, Cena, Lesnar, and the McMahons

Main Event:
Chris Jericho, former WrestleMania headliner, is on Main Event. Was he in any kind of commercial or anything for the show? Was this mentioned on Raw? They're really missing out by not promoting their shows. Anyway, this was a pretty solid match. Rhodes looked like he "belonged" in there with Jericho. If he continues to grow in the ring and gets some character background, I can see him going far.

I can't put over Colter and Cesaro's promo enough. That was awesome! Purely heel attributes. WE THE PEOPLE!!!!!

Decent enough match between Christian and Ambrose (since it was fairly short). I wouldn't mind a longer title match.

Cool post-match. I wouldn't have Christian or The Usos take titles from The Shield, but I do think they should look good as challengers.

I'm not crazy about the new Diva. In general I'm not crazy about people going to the main roster without doing anything in NXT beforehand.

That was an ok main event. I've seen better from PTP. This was mainly a case of not enough time being given (which makes sense if they were going to do the awesome Colter/Cesaro segment). I'm not going to beat the dead horse about Titus not needing to be a 5-star technical wrestler appealing to the jaded older fans.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Zema Ion gave an update on his health. I hope his character comes back pissed that he didn't raise nearly enough money for surgery and TNA didn't support him, etc..

There is speculation that the Briscoe Brothers of ROH fame could be heading to WWE, as their ROH deals have expired. At this point, this is only speculation and they could easily return to ROH down the line. Their work on the indie scene has been held in high regard, and I can see them doing good things in WWE IF (and this is a major if) they can keep a lid on some of the comments they've made in the past.

Diamond Dallas Page released some footage about Jake "The Snake" Roberts. I hope he recovers.

Here's some more from Matt Striker. I hope Alex Riley knocks it out of the park on commentary. I like him as a wrestler, but this is probably a better future for him.

And here's more from a former WWE writer. That's got to be an insane job. Hopefully when Vince finally steps aside, things will improve in that area.

Bully Ray did media appearances in New York to promote TNA appearances in the area. That should be fun.

Zack Ryder's buddy "The Big O" will be a part of the 6/27 "Gut Check" on Impact Wrestling, facing off with Ryan Howe. I hope that if he's got potential, they pick him up. TNA could use some fresh blood (though that generally applies to the main event scene).

C.M. Punk has filed a restraining order against his bipolar mother. This is a very serious ordeal. I hope she gets some kind of psychological help if what he says is true, before something bad (worse) happens.

John Cena Sr. confirmed that his son isn't retiring any time soon. I don't think anyone should be shocked at that.

Here's a story about someone who got to dance with Brodus Clay recently. Not much to say there.

Here's another story from George "The Animal" Steele, about his famous angle with Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth. Steele's character sounds a bit like Lennie from "Of Mice and Men" as far as love goes. I always pop when someone puts over improvisation in the ring - actually listening to the crowd instead of going through pre-decided sequences. And *gasp* getting heat on the bad guy! What a shock.

Zack Ryder parodied WWE's new Sheamus videos. I saw that punchline coming, but it was still pretty funny.

Here's another story on Jack Swagger. Who else wants WWE to film something talking about the case with Zeb Colter as the lawyer and Cesaro as a witness in Swagger's defense? They made fun of Ric Flair's highway problems after all. Honestly, this is a pretty serious thing and I hope Swagger learns from this.

Scott Steiner recently underwent shoulder surgery. A normal man would have a 50% chance of recovery, but he's a GENETIC FREAK. Yes, I still love that promo.

Here's a story about former Tough Enough star AJ Kirsch being interviewed by Larry King. That is pretty cool. It wouldn't shock me if we see him again: he was on Superstars and a part of TNA's Gut Check.

Here's the poster for WWE Summerslam. Posters used to be about people beating each other for titles and stuff. Now, everyone's out to have fun. Even Kane! Crazy stuff.

Speaking of Summerslam, WWE is hoping Rey Mysterio will be back by then. A story on WWE.com talks about that. Honestly, I've pretty much had my fill of Mysterio matches. At this point, I think he should be used in ways that elevate guys like Sin Cara and Sami Zayn (as partners) Antonio Cesaro (as an opponent), etc..

Jimmy Hart was interviewed. Funny story about the Hart Foundation.

Taz could be leaving TNA for WWE soon. That would be fine by me. I got tired of him announcing a long time ago. Put Al Snow or someone on there. Would he be as bad as JBL or King in WWE? Tough to say...

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. It's pretty much always a smart move to advertise big returns and debuts in advance. It's something of a lost art in today's "instant gratification" world.

2. ANY superstar could be injured ahead of an announced date. And it's great of WWE to let him do his indie dates, beginning his contract at MITB. It's free advertisement for WWE for him to be at those shows!

3. Part of me does want to see Henry win the title. I think I'd hold off until Summerslam, though, and possibly have a Bryan cash-in afterward. Henry's awesome, but at 42 I don't know if it's the right move to put the title on him long-term (instead of building a new star like Bryan). See, when TNA uses older guys, it's "short-sighted", but if it means taking the title off of Cena, everyone's for it. Henry's older than Bully Ray!

4. Maybe this should be Lesnar's new Titantron?

5. Shane or HHH, I think, among the IWC. What about Vince Sr. and Jess?

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment