Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Main Event Reax - 6/12/13, Booker/Zema/Morgan/Dusty Updates, Interviews with DDP/Eric Young/Foley, WWE jobs, and Questions on TNA vs. ROH, Hogan vs. Bully, Benoit movie, Vince, and a perfect Axel

Main Event:
Miz vs. Cody Rhodes was quite impressive. Both men have potential to go from being good performers to GREAT performers in time. WWE positioning them well and giving them good character development is key here. They've both shown that they can cut good promos and have good feuds. What is WWE waiting on?

Nice, simple post-match. And they say that titles don't matter in WWE...

I'll readily admit to being a straight-up mark for Damien Sandow. He consistently delivers some of the most enjoyable promos of the night. About the only people I can think of who can compete are Jericho, Heyman, and Punk.

We're welcome for that match. I don't necessarily see Sandow as a main eventer from an in-ring perspective at this point, but I think he still has time to improve at 31. Sin Cara, on the other hand, can do some pretty cool stuff in the ring but doesn't have much in the way of character development at this stage. It seems like he, Justin Gabriel, and Evan Bourne are all talented as far as flashy moves go, but don't have much going for them as characters beyond "impressive athlete". Kofi Kingston's in a similar boat, but he does get some promo time. It's a shame.

I wasn't crazy about the light-hearted comedy match. I understand why they did it, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I'm willing to give the Usos a shot as contenders to the Tag Team Titles. They could surprise me and show themselves worthy of that level of a push.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Booker T. is expected back on Smackdown soon. Honestly, if they're not going to do much of anything significant with him, I don't know if we need both him and Teddy Long on the show. As always, I think that the focus needs to be on the wrestlers and their stories. The authority figures and other non-wrestlers should just be there to move the other stuff along in my eyes. This includes the commentators actually talking about the wrestlers and not themselves or each other.

Here's more from DDP's recent interview, putting over his yoga program. I tried it before and was very impressed with the results. Maybe WWE should give him a job in NXT as a conditioning coach?

Eric Young was on "Today" to discuss his fishing show. Why isn't TNA pushing this? Or are they and I haven't seen anything about it?

Zema Ion gave an update after his recent surgery. I wonder if he'll get the same kind of push that Sabin's getting when he returns?

Matt Morgan gave updates about his ongoing sobriety. Very glad to hear that he's doing so well.

Dusty Rhodes is already back at work with NXT. I guess nothing will stop him from living the American Dream.

Mick Foley talked about his upcoming show RIGHT THERE, in Asheville, NC. That's my second home. He'll fit right in. Maybe if school was in session more people would come out? I've seen some wrestling fans on-campus, but they might be away from the summer.

WWE is looking for both a Russian announcer and a 3D animator/artist. I think the Russian market could be a big boon for them in the years to come.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I don't know if it's feasible. Honestly, I don't know how if it would be beneficial enough for TNA to do it. TNA's seen all over the world. Does ROH even broadcast outside of the U.S. anymore? As much as I'd be down for Bully Ray vs. Kevin Steen, I don't know how much of a draw it would be.

2. Am I the only one who remembers the Bound For Glory Series? I don't see TNA throwing that all aside to go to Hogan vs. Bully for the Title. There's no way Hogan's competing in the Series itself. Plus, there's the story with AJ Styles not being able to get a title shot until this year's BFG. I think we're in for Bully vs. Styles at BFG, or at least Styles going for the Title.

3. I didn't even know it was still a thing. IMDB says "pre-production", whatever that means.

4. If he doesn't, he puts on a damn good act; doesn't he?

5. MAYBE. It all depends on how they play it.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment